We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Allegro Cozumel

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Gatineau
Level Contributor
176 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Allegro Cozumel

Hi there,

I am planning to travel with a friend to this resort, we do want to relax but have fun at the same time. Is the night entertainment good? the disco? is this close to the village, where we can go out for a good meal et maybe listen to a music band / disco??

Thanks!

Cozumel Palace
Cozumel Palace
#4 of 52 hotels in Cozumel
Playa Azul
Playa Azul
#6 of 52 hotels in Cozumel
The Explorean Cozumel
The Explorean Cozumel
#5 of 52 hotels in Cozumel
Ontario
Level Contributor
5,752 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Allegro Cozumel

It's in the middle of nowhere. You can walk to Alberto's, which sometimes has dancing and music, I believe. The nightlife at the Allegro isn't really plentiful. You'd probably want something in town/closer to town, like the El Coz or Hotel Coz.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Allegro Cozumel

I've stayed there with my family since I was a child and actually was proposed to on the beach there in the summer of 2011.

For the price, it is a great deal! The food is good (not 5-star) with the breakfast being my favorite!

The staff is amazing and very accommodating. The drinks are strong and during the day there is always plenty of fun to be had.

They have a disco on-site that is hit-or-miss. When there are good people there, it is very fun with lots of dancing. But I have been there at times when it is just empty. And it closes early at around midnight so you cannot get too much fun in. Buy a bottle of booze to keep the drinking going after midnight!

Perhaps stay closer in town if you are looking for night life? We are looking at the Cozumel Palace. It is about twice the price though, so maybe it would be worth it to just get a cab into town from the Allegro.

Mentioned in this post
Cozumel Palace
Cozumel Palace
4,078 Reviews
Cozumel, Mexico
Ontario
Level Contributor
5,752 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Allegro Cozumel

Don't take me wrong, it's where we stay all the time too! LOL I just wouldn't recommend it as a lively spot, close to town. I've had the same experiences in the disco bar. Some nights it was lots of fun (usually when a bunch of South Americans are there dancing and doing karaoke) and others you could fire a cannon and only hit the bartender.

It's about $17 one way for a cab ride to downtown.

4. Re: Allegro Cozumel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 17, 2014