We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets Aura 1/14/13 Live

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
SE Michigan
Level Contributor
74 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Secrets Aura 1/14/13 Live

My wife and I will be here from Monday to Monday. I will answer whatever questions posted.

Also will give live opinion.

Preface:

We booked a smoking deal thru apple, who lists this resort as a 6 golden apple (their highest rating). Jr suite

So far not so good!

I emailed the concierge 2 weeks ago noting when we would arrive and the possibility of an early check in. At the very least a room to freshen up and change in (hospitality room). I was finally able to get a reply a few days ago noting one or the other would be available to us.

We arrived at 2pm and our room was not ready. When asked about the hospitality room, we were told we could change in the lobby washroom and freshen up there. Not the warm welcome we were expecting. The concierge I spoke to was on site but not available to discuss this with us.

We were told to have lunch, given a pager, and told our room would be ready in 30 minutes. An hour later it was still it ready. We walked the grounds for another half hour and it was finally done.

The jr suites are in the old sabor part (pictured on the website with slides). The two sections are completely separate from each other.

Our room was at the third floor in a building with no elevator. The bell man asked me to help get our bags up there. Not a big deal but far from the level of service we've come to expect from the secrets brand.

We unpacked (room pictured on website is NOT jr suite) and got ready to hit the pool. I decided to check the hot water since previous guests have reviewed with issue. There wasn't any!

A call had two staff members here quickly but have yet failed to resolve the issue. They've been at it for an hour now. I would like to avoid a room change since we already unpacked. Will advise.

On a happy note:

The grounds are beautiful. A very lush tropical setting.

SE Michigan
Level Contributor
74 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
121. Re: Secrets Aura 1/14/13 Live

Thanks!

I caught that. Jan 28 posting

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g150809-d939…

I appreciate all the kind words from everyone in this thread and the PMs.

Secrets has some work to do with this property, but, they have a great GM who is very aware of the issues and has plans to resolve them as quickly as they can.

Through all the issues, we had a good time. The resort has a favorable layout with extensive access to very good snorkeling right off the beach and dock. They also have the Secrets brand to fall back on for support.

Give them some time, and visit yourself!

My wife and I plan to revisit before next year.

All the best,

Ken

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
122. Re: Secrets Aura 1/14/13 Live

Judes- You are not allowed to set up another profile. Not sure exactly why but it's against TA rules. No multiple screen names.

Brantford Ontario
Level Contributor
713 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
123. Re: Secrets Aura 1/14/13 Live

I was suggesting it as an option for Kenny since TA isn't responding to his inquiries....

Third Lake, Illinois
Level Contributor
29 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
124. Re: Secrets Aura 1/14/13 Live

That was a really good review (honest, balanced) by KennyWiz - thanks for the link Judy.

If I had a travel agent, I would want someone like you...

125. Re: Secrets Aura 1/14/13 Live

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 12, 2014