We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cozumel Palace Upgrade

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
27 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Cozumel Palace Upgrade

I'm looking at staying at the Cozumel Palace in mid to late December. They are offering $1500 resort credit if you book directly through them, and part of this credit can be used toward a room upgrade. Has anyone traveled during this time frame and used the upgrade option? I'm afraid that all of the rooms might be taken during this time. We can't request an upgrade until we get there, and it is pretty important to my husband that we are in a better room.

Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
936 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cozumel Palace Upgrade

I would recommend booking through a member. You can find them on Ebay. You will still get the resort credit, will probably pay less than through the Palace website and will have a better chance at getting a good room.

Rockford, Michigan
Level Contributor
193 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cozumel Palace Upgrade

This credit is available no matter who you book through. I booked through Apple and we received the credit. Because we were booking airfare and the resort it was much less $$ with Apple Vacations than through the Palace. I'd recommend price checking through Funjet, Apple, expedia, etc. before booking direct so you get the best price.

As for the room upgrade, it's based on availablity when you check in. We were unable to upgrade to concierge (no biggie) when we got there but used the credits on other things. Also, if you are booking the City View room it will be much easier to get a room upgrade, I believe there are only 5-6 of these rooms. The rest of the rooms all face the ocean. FYI - we were there in November last year. Guessing if you are going around the holidays it will be pretty busy.

Hope that helps!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
253 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cozumel Palace Upgrade

I wouldn't be too concerned about getting upgraded, if you can great, if not you would hardly even notice. When we were there we were in a standard room, our friends upgraded to concierge. Really not much difference, different toiletries, I believe they had different liquors in the bar, and you could choose a pillow from a pillow menu and scents for aroma therapy. Unless those things are important to you, the rooms were basically the same. With the level of service that they provide, even in a standard room you can get anything you want. Ask and you shall receive. I wanted a bottle of Baileys for coffee in the morning and for an after dinner drink late in the evening, I called down to the front desk, asked for them to send a bottle up, and fifteen minutes later it was delivered, no questions asked.

Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
936 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cozumel Palace Upgrade

You would notice if you were in a standard street view room.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
27 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cozumel Palace Upgrade

@TexasCoast: Thank you, that was a great tip! We ended up easily finding a member and booking through them.

@Spartans95 : Thanks for the reply. We were looking through several booking sites, but the credit wasn't available through them.

@yellowhed68: Thanks for the tips!

Corpus Christi...
Level Contributor
1,254 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cozumel Palace Upgrade

The credits are available when you check in at the hotel no matter who you book through, even though it may not appear that way. Of course the amount is dependent on # of days of stay.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
244 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cozumel Palace Upgrade

I was interested in the Cozumel Palace as well. After reading the prior posts, I went to eBay and looked around. Some of these members have 5 of the same trips for sale. And they are also asking for "best offer". I also saw that the economy said that tourism is down 10%. So, I don't know what to offer for a 7 night AI trip that they are selling for $1600 for 2 people? Especially when they have 5 to sale. They are asking for a best offer? Can you provide additional info. You can also email me directly. Thank you.

Waterloo, Iowa
Level Contributor
16 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cozumel Palace Upgrade

We stayed at Cozumel Palace Jan 2-7 this year and had no problem upgrading our room with the room credit. We also stayed there in Sept 2010 and used the credit to upgrade our room without a problem However, we have seen both the ocean view suite and the concierge level suite - and we were very glad we didn't waste our room credit to upgrade to concierge. It's not worth it for the few more extras you get. Just get the ocean view. I do believe you get the $1500 if you book through a member/owner, which also entitles you to a few additional perks as well. Also, if you know you will want to have spa appointments while you are there, do so ahead of time or you may not get the appointments you want. Man, I'm jealous - that place is amazing.

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
55 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cozumel Palace Upgrade

@yellowhed68 - is the bottle of Bailey's just part of the all-inclusive deal? I know that there's booze in the liquor caddy but I hadn't thought to phone room service and ask for something specific like that.

Fremont, Michigan
Level Contributor
51 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cozumel Palace Upgrade

Oh if we could do something like the baileys in the liquor caddy in the room would be awesome!