We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sabor Wheelchair friendly?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 posts
Save Topic
Sabor Wheelchair friendly?

My family is planing a trip to the Sabor in February. We are planning to rent a wheelchair/scooter for my Dad. The resort has handicap rooms, but I was wondering if the Sabor is wheelchair friendly? It would be helpful to know if there is an accessible bathroom near the beach and restaurants.

Presho, South Dakota
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sabor Wheelchair friendly?

While the area is pretty flat & I have seen a couple of ramps, there a couple of steps into each restaurant.

Perhaps they have another entrance that could be used. It seems like they have carts they use to move food around.

It is a small resort & things are pretty close together. There is a restroom near the restaurants but I am not sure how wheelchair friendly it is. Perhaps someone else paid more attention.

Denver
Level Contributor
101 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sabor Wheelchair friendly?

Give them a call.

Also I believe they might already have a wheel chair that you could use. My mother in law had some issues with her legs a few years back while at the resort. It was unexpected, but they had a wheel chair for her and from what I understand took good care of her.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sabor Wheelchair friendly?

Thank you so much for your replies. My Dad really likes using a scooter. That lets him zip back to the room if he needs. If your Mom got around with a wheelchair, then a scooter should work as well? We did try calling the hotel and got someone who spoke some broken English. About all we could get from her was that they had a handicap room. We sent then an email and are waiting for a reply.

4. Re: Sabor Wheelchair friendly?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, September 21, 2013