We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

reef club...beach, food & lizards

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London Ont Can
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Topic
reef club...beach, food & lizards

hi...we've read some terrible reviews about the Reef club.....can anyone elaborate on the beach....some reviews say it's the best and others say it's crappy full of seaweed and rocky.....what about lizards....we read there were lots in the rooms and on the grounds.....is the Reef club on the edge of the jungle.....all the reviews say the food is garbage....is this true

Tulsa, Oklahoma
1 post
Save Reply
11. Re: reef club...beach, food & lizards

Cardman26

Well it's ture there are lizards on the island it is 95 percent jungle. They have some of most beautful iguana's, I'm not a lizard person but I do have some common sense. There is geckos in some of the rooms that eat small insects NOT HUMANS they do not bite unless you bite them first. The geckos come out a night and sound like crickets. The iguana's eat flowers and leaves NOT HUMANS all the lizards will run from you. The Reef Club food is ok, the resort is one of the highest rated on the island so it could not be to bad to be a 4 to 5 star hotel. The beach is not full of seaweed and rocks. I have not seen any seaweed in the three years that we have been there and the rocks are coral. The whold beach is made of crushed coral and not sand. There are a very few rocks. The Reef Club has the longest hotel beach on the island. If you would like some pictures please let me know and what kind of pictures you would want, I have geckos, Iguanas, hotel, water, and beach of the reef club dc-holland@cox.net if they post my address. We are going back in 2006 our 4th year in a roll. The snorking is excellent also the scuba

Tulsa, Okla.

London Ont Can
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: reef club...beach, food & lizards

Thanks Coz

You have to admit though.....they are alot of terrible reviews about the Reef Club.....anyways my 15 yr old left Sat for the Reef....she was inquiring about the Lizards....she's there now...so hopefully she'll have a good time.....please send the pics to card_man26@hotmail.com

mazomanie
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: reef club...beach, food & lizards

Hey Pooks - I'm interested in the reef Club. We are going in April. Please let me know what you thought of the resort or should we quick change.

tmduhr@facstaff.wisc.edu

Palmyra, Wisconsin
1 post
Save Reply
14. Re: reef club...beach, food & lizards

We just got back from the reef club! The food was ok and we saw some lizards, but overall it was a good experience! The majorilty of the employees were very friendly and we even went out with some of them one night! Stick with breakfast and lunch in the buffet restaurant. Also-if you want to eat in the reservation only restaurant, make your reservations early-we never got a chance to eat there! I did not find a lot of seaweed on the beach!