We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Post removal policy NOW

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Liverpool, New York
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Post removal policy NOW

I, for one, am getting sick of the venom and sheer childishness being vented on this forum. I would like to urge TripAdvisor to review its policy on post removal.

For example, if a person has more than two posts removed per topic, they should be barred from that topic.

If that same person has posts removed consistently from this forum as a whole, at some point they should be barred completely.

This is a great forum but it is so unpleasant having to put up with increasing nastiness. We are all talking about and interested in Cozumel and we all pretty much agree that the place is wonderful and the people are fantastic. The way some of us are behaving on this forum lets down our friends on that beloved island of ours.

Texas
Level Contributor
236 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Post removal policy NOW

I could not have said it better! Thanks!!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,528 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Post removal policy NOW

I don't think it is that simple to do. I am just guessing here, but if you are refering to the posts by JoeCo09, then he likely already was banned, maybe more than once. Because he aimed you at his review of the Coral Princess & his photos I am very certain he originally was the "local expert for Las Vegas" using the name VegasMan, but I am pretty sure he has used 3 different screen names on our forum lately based on what he has said. I have no idea why he got banned, or why he came back, but I think it is very easy to sign on under a new screen name, or possibly from a different computer. Add to that the fact that the Trip Advisor staff can't read every post on each forum, so it comes down to us to select the "report 'em Dano" button to get them off the air.

Liverpool, New York
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Post removal policy NOW

Thanks for the explanation Cicopo. I hadn't thought about those aspects - I was just so frustrated.

As hard as it is, maybe we should just police ourselves and if mean and unpleasant things are targeted at us,just don't rise to the bait,ignore them . These people want us to react. Pretty sad lives they must lead.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,528 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Post removal policy NOW

I think you are right on both ideas. That is why they give us the "report inappropriate posts" button, and yes it is easy to get a bit upset with some of the info & attitudes, but a public forum breeds that.