We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cozumel Palace or EL CoZ

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Arkansas
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Topic
Cozumel Palace or EL CoZ

My fiance & I are Going to Cozumel in July for our honeymoon and wander if it is better to go to COzumel Palace or El Coz. The only thing we are worried about is the amount of children at EL Coz and non-beach at Cozumel Palace. Stayed at El Coz last 2 yrs. and love it, just wandering cause of honeymoon. Also does anyone recommend a good romantic restaurant. Thanks for the help.

Texas
Level Contributor
236 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Cozumel Palace or EL CoZ

From what I have seen of both resorts, my opinion would be Cozumel Palace. It is so elegant and in my mind honeymoonish! We stayed next door to it in March, and it is so beautiful. (I also love El Coz..but it is more family orientated.) Also, it is walking distance to just about every restaurant in town. One of my favorite spots is Lobsteria which is about 2 blocks from the Palace. It is all candle lit and outside seating...very pretty at night! You get to pick out your own lobster that display the prices, and the wine list is great too! Regarding the lack of beach...as I said we stayed next door with the same type of man-made beach setting and it was just unbelievable! I have taken many pictures from my balcony of the Palace (yes I know to everyone else I sound like a broken record..lol)so if you want to see them, just email me. mamakaril@charter.net

AUSTIN
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cozumel Palace or EL CoZ

Well the problem here is that Coz Palace post Wilma doesn't seem to be getting the rave it did before, I'm not sure that I wouldn't vote for The El Coz, which I know to be finished with the redo, if you want to limit the number of kids just go when school is on--Sept/Oct for instance, it really does make a difference. The only tr I've seen on here for the CP wasn't very encouraging, just a different opinion..

Charleston, SC
Level Contributor
90 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cozumel Palace or EL CoZ

The reason you haven't seen raves about CP post Wilma is that it just reopened on 1 April! I am waiting for someone to return and post a review since we have reservations at CP in May. Hopefully, it is even better than before. Went to Moon Palace in Feb and it was great, just too big for us. We also wanted to do some great diving so thought Cozumel Palace would be better.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
202 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cozumel Palace or EL CoZ

Cozumel Palace gets my vote! I'm extremely picky when I travel, and the CP exceeded my expectations for an all-inclusive.

I was concerned myself at the lack of beach, but once you get there, you don't even miss it. They have some great dive platforms into the beautiful water that their pool deck is built on.

If you are having sand withdrawals, hop in a cab and go to Palancar Beach club for a day. Absolute paradise and the coldest beer you can get! You'll think you're in a Corona commercial.

Have a wonderful trip!

Charleston, SC
Level Contributor
90 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cozumel Palace or EL CoZ

Divagirl - Did you just return or is this based on pre-Wilma info?

Cozumel
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cozumel Palace or EL CoZ

I was just at the Palace this morning and it loks in good shape, but somebody who has stayed there post-Wilma will be better placed to say what the service is like...

Over $80 million have been spent on renovating hotels in Cozumel to date and almost all are open, so there is plenty of choice. You can see a story about this on www.wilmacozumel.com

Hope that's a help...

Ian

Charleston, SC
Level Contributor
90 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cozumel Palace or EL CoZ

Thanks Ian. I am already booked a CP so that IS the choice now. I have been using your website for updates, but hadn't seen any new information for awhile. Thanks for updating. I know this is on your own time/dime.