We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what you buy in cozumel ?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
michigan
Level Contributor
491 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
what you buy in cozumel ?

2 fold question guys,

1/ what item do you always buy and then leave behind

we buy 1 of those polystyrene coolers for the beach.

2/ going to buy a collapsible one to take with us this time, is there a certain one you could recommend,size,brand,dependability etc

Thanx Bessie

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
165 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: what you buy in cozumel ?

If you are near a Trader Joes, they have a great foldable cooler; cost is about $7.00. We used it everday when we were there last month; we would fill it with ice in the morning, leave bottled water in it all day and there would still be ice in it the next morning! We were able to fill it with ice and fit about 8 bottles of water in it.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
373 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what you buy in cozumel ?

We bought a cooler backpack at Target (Igloo brand for $30 http://www.target.com/p/Igloo-Maxcold-Maxpack-Cooler-Black-18-Can/-/A-13465885). It works GREAT...the key is the leak-proof liner.

Edited: 12:43 pm, April 06, 2012
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,215 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what you buy in cozumel ?

Duane Reade in NYC (which is Walgreens) has cheap folding coolers in their seasonal summer dept - which should be on the shelves now or shortly. Ive seen them at CVS too in the similar dept. The one I got last year was $9.

suitcaseready.com

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
72 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what you buy in cozumel ?

1. Wire dry cleaner hangers. There's never enough hangers to dry swim suits and other wet items.

Toiletries. I know I could buy there, but if I pack from home, then I know I'll have some space for goodies to bring home.

2. Polar Brand coolers. Can be found if you google or on ebags. They are a little pricey, but worth every penny!! I've had many people ask where to get them. Although, it is something we definitely bring back home.

ft worth
Level Contributor
977 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: what you buy in cozumel ?

Cheap blow up raft from the dollar store, then leave it behind..Folding cooler we bought was from Walmart about 12 dollars. Has lasted now 4 trips...

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,409 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: what you buy in cozumel ?

I have brought down many Igloo or similar coolers and left them for my friends. They can be expensive here. I use them as a suitcase filled with things I am bringing to Cozumel for the friends. I have seen the many coolers now being used by the extended family.

michigan
Level Contributor
491 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: what you buy in cozumel ?

thanx for all the advice

PS only 23 days to go ;-)

Dallas, Tx
Level Contributor
381 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: what you buy in cozumel ?

We also bring the polar bear coolers... these are the best coolers I have ever used... we use this when we go to the east side to store our drinks... they stay icy cold all day, no leaks. Excellent product.

Because we love the east side when we could check a free bag we actually found beach chairs that fit in a large duffle travel bag and just kept them in the trunk of the rental and pulled them out if we wanted to chill out for a few hours.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
373 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: what you buy in cozumel ?

A Bubba mug and an igloo can/bottle insulator ( http://www.chillingthemost.com/) will keep your beverages cold!

Black Lick, PA
Level Contributor
368 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: what you buy in cozumel ?

Hangers.

Ice Cube Trays for water bottles

I also buy a styrofoam cooler there and leave it