We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best beach in spend the day

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Augusta, GA
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
best beach in spend the day

Hello,

What is the best beach to visit while our cruise is in Cozumel? Are there any resorts that will let us use their facilities?

Thanks,

Melissa

Level Contributor
260 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: best beach in spend the day

Sorry, nothing to add, just subscribing due to interest in topic.

Thank you

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,994 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best beach in spend the day

Here is some info on beaches:

http://tinyurl.com/c9dah

The southern all-inclusives may have day passes in the $45-50 range. Check into Iberostar, Occidental Grand and Allegro.

I believe someone mention a day pass at Melia in the northern hotel zone so a site seach on those hotels and day pass should help. I just forgot the details. Maybe it was hitting my head on the headboard while trying to get to the phone before the second ring. Ouch.

Calgary
Level Contributor
582 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best beach in spend the day

Melia offers a day pass for $50.00 and is a $5.00 cab fare, Occidentals offer it for $45.00 but cabs are $15.00. I believe the beaches are nicer by the Occidentals, I don't know about IB. My cruise will be there April 28 - do we match up to share a cab?

Augusta, GA
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: best beach in spend the day

Thanks for the info. I will be there May 10th. Is the $50 day pass per person or per couple?

Houston
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: best beach in spend the day

I read somewhere that all of Mexico beaches are public and that you can use any of the resort beaches free of charge. Just simply walk through their lobby and enjoy the beach? I understand that obviously you wouldn't be able to necessarily use their towels, eat at their buffet's, drink free..etc.., but legally you are allowed to access their beach?

Calgary
Level Contributor
582 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best beach in spend the day

$50.00 per adult, $20.00 for kids

cozumel
Level Contributor
3,997 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: best beach in spend the day

Beachquester----one small correction: you are right that the BEACHES are free to all but walking through most of the AI lobbies is not........since many all inclusives require you to have their wristbands to even enter the property!!........but if you are ON the beach and find yourself in FRONT of an AI while strolling, they have to let you keep strolling................Betsy

Houston
12 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: best beach in spend the day

Betsy,

Thanks. I see what your saying. I'm sure the private property laws in transit to the public beach are a bit more complicated.

I might be interested in going to some hotels just for the day to check them out for future consideration. What would be the best hotels to go to where you basically just want to lay on the beach and get some drinks. Do they all tend to try and keep you from using their premises? Or are there any nice ones that still charge for services (minus lodging) ala carte? Thanks for any feedback you can give.

Level Contributor
156 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: best beach in spend the day

asked your cruise ship , about paridise island ,its a small island off cozueml , its one the best beaches in the world , all the cruise ship know about the island , bus ride all food and drinks included on price , and boat ride to the island , no hotels or any thing on island , restrooms and a bar and food area , you cant go wrong . they shoot all the conrona commercials there also , have fun.

cozumel
Level Contributor
3,997 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: best beach in spend the day

I think the above poster means Passion Island, by the way...........and to answer your question.......there are many resorts that charge for day passes but that has been covered quite extensively this past week ---- so scroll back or do a search and you will find the various rates and details. It surely seems like you should be able to "view" any property to see if you like it but they definitely don't let you do that on your own.