We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santa Clara Rompope Tequila question

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Santa Clara Rompope Tequila question

We brought home Rompope which is a cream eggnog flavored tequila a couple of weeks ago. We are opening it today. What do you guys think? Should I refridgerate it after opening? You don't Baileys and others similar but I don't want it to go bad because I made the wrong decision. Thanks!

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Santa Clara Rompope Tequila question

Interesting about it not being tequila. He told me it was tequila. Not that it matters though. I also googled it looking for a distributor here in Denver and read the history. Some did say tequila and some said rum. Oh well, it's GREAT no matter what.

Tustin, California
1 post
Save Reply
12. Re: Santa Clara Rompope Tequila question

read the label... you DO NOT have to refrigerate after opening...

Olathe, Kansas
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Santa Clara Rompope Tequila question

I love the idea of using this in bread pudding. Have a recipe for a bread pudding using Hawaiian bread and eggs this might be a good substitute. Thanks for the suggestion. Yum.

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Santa Clara Rompope Tequila question

Aha, MB F. You are so correct. It is labeled in Spanish and somehow I missed it. I'm glad this thread was resurrected. I forgot about the bread pudding. LOVE the idea of using the Hawaiian bread!

Ajijic
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Santa Clara Rompope Tequila question

Is it good if you just drink it straight ... and then "freeze" or "refrigerate" it. I haven't tried it yet but now that I have read the testimonials I no doubt will be trying it this weekend.

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Santa Clara Rompope Tequila question

It is very good "straight". It's something you want to sip though.

BC
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Santa Clara Rompope Tequila question

Love Rompope in hot chocolate!

Ajijic
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Santa Clara Rompope Tequila question

Thank you, CORedtop. It will happen tomorrow and for now it is in the refrigerator...Thank you so much.

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Santa Clara Rompope Tequila question

Enjoy! :)

20. Re: Santa Clara Rompope Tequila question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 15, 2014