We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car rentals

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
ontario
Level Contributor
38 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
car rentals

anyone know of a GOOD reputable car rental company on cozumel and playa del carmen...hoping to do a tour of the island and drive up to tulum ruins. THNX!

dayv

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
568 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car rentals

There are alot of good rental company's on the island, but none of them will let you drive there care to Tulum. I heard that Thrifty is having a real good internet special for cozumel. Check out there web site.

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: car rentals

I Have rented from Hertz and Royal with good success. DO NOT rent from CP Rentals... bad cars!

Quad City, IL/IA
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: car rentals

I would go with Hertz, I too had a bad experience with CP rentals.

Santa Barbara
Level Contributor
663 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: car rentals

Two weeks ago I rented with Hertz and it was $19.00 a day plus tax equals about $25. a day on Cozumel. The office is located just off the square and the guys are really friendly. You need to book on the internet in advance but no deposit is required. This price compares favorably to a couple of taxis per day and allows you to go to restaurants furthur into town, where the good stuff is.

Same price for PDC if you want to go to Tulum. We just grabbed the ferry over to PDC, went to the Hertz location on the main road and off we went. You need to book advance reservations here too!! Funny to be renting two cars at a time but the price beats all the other options. It's fun to take a day off diving and check things out.

5. Re: car rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 pm, August 16, 2009