We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Red-Eye Band NOT at money bar

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
iowa
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Topic
The Red-Eye Band NOT at money bar

I heard that The Red-Eye Band is no longer playing at the money bar. I hear they are at The Love Cafe. Where is the Love Cafe? Watching the band was the highlight of our trip. We enjoy live music does anyone have any night life suggestions?

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
6,616 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Red-Eye Band NOT at money bar

That is what is posted on their facebook page. Love Cafe is north of town at Playas las Casitas. It is on Melgar, just North of the airport road.

They start playing at 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm Happy Hour 5-7. Fri, Sat and Sun.

Rubin's wife owns Love Cafe, so this wasn't an unexpected event.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
441 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Red-Eye Band NOT at money bar

Bad news for Money Bar, great news for Love Cafe. Many went to the MB just to see tis band and will now change watering holes.

Rockport, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Red-Eye Band NOT at money bar

The house band from French Quarter (FUGGA) is now also at Money Bar..

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
6,616 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Red-Eye Band NOT at money bar

The Money Bar is the nicer venue, but Love Cafe is a lot closer to town. I think Red Eye still plays at Coral Princess on Mondays for Happy Hour. We watched them from a boat one day. Was a lot of fun to do that.

Columbia MO
Level Contributor
481 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Red-Eye Band NOT at money bar

Could you walk from El Coz to Love Cafe?

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
548 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Red-Eye Band NOT at money bar

It would be about a 30 minute walk. A taxi would be about $5.00.

7. Re: The Red-Eye Band NOT at money bar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:35 pm, September 24, 2012
Portsmouth, Ohio
Level Contributor
449 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Red-Eye Band NOT at money bar

the lady ( Rubin's wife) is a very nice person, she and her two kids offered the wife and I a ride as we were hauling luggage fresh off the ferry .... and I didnt even know her , she said " it's hot tonight , I'm heading north you want a lift " ? YEP might seem crazy to jump in with a stranger but she did have two young children with her ... and I've never met a stranger .

Gilford, New...
Level Contributor
170 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Red-Eye Band NOT at money bar

They have been at Love Bar on Wednesday and Sunday's the last couple weeks and very good :-)

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Red-Eye Band NOT at money bar

You can also find them on FB to stay up to date with where they are playing and what time. We enjoy them alot.