We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

funjet vacations

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Maine, United States
Level Contributor
182 posts
1 review
Save Topic
funjet vacations

Does anyone have any reviews good or bad for funjet vacations. They have the best deals/promo right now by $100's of dollars. I am not a seasoned traveler. Any time I have traveled I have booked flight through airline and hotel direct. What can I expect as far as getting my travel documents. I had read someone say their room was not reserved by funjet. How do I check on this and when? Thanks for any advice you can give me on booking this trip.

Maine, United States
Level Contributor
182 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: funjet vacations

I forgot to ask...is it better to wait and upgrade when I get there or pick the room I want when booking. Travel dates are April 14-20 and decided on the sabor. Will this be a busy season?

Arkansas
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: funjet vacations

We've used Funjet in the past, but it's been several years. No problems with them, but I'd be surprised if they were cheaper than Orbitz. Here's the site with the promo codes for 2012.

www.orbitz.com/App/PerformMDLPDealsContent…

Maine, United States
Level Contributor
182 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: funjet vacations

Right now they actually are by about $400. I just looked at orbitz with their coupon code a few moments ago. Last weekend Orbitz was cheaper but WOW in less than a week their prices changed drastically.

usa
Level Contributor
346 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: funjet vacations

i use funjet very often..i have never had a problem with either rooms or transportation....if they offer the best price, use them

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
244 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: funjet vacations

We use Funjet all the time, both package deals and hotel only, and have had nothing but good experiences. My personal experience has been that we do much better on price to upgrade upon arrival at the resort as long as you are willing to take your chances on availability.

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: funjet vacations

We used Funjet (and were very happy w/ them) for years but the for the last 3 visits Orbitz prices beat their price.

Presho, South Dakota
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: funjet vacations

That is the time of year we travel. It is after Easter so isn't very busy. (which we love) We have always had great weather.

I have not used Fun Jet but companies I have been using for the last several years do not mail any documents. You use your email confirmation as your documentation. It has the booking numbers.

I always verify on my airline website that my flight is correct. It is a good idea to check it every once in a while in case there is a change.

Last year I also sent an email to the resort about a week ahead of time to verify my reservation.

I have been doing packages for years & never had a problem.

Have fun!

Waterloo,Iowa
Level Contributor
112 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: funjet vacations

We have also used FunJet before with no problems....Also used Sun Country,Apple Vacations, I just booked 10 days in Cozmel(20 thru 30th) with Bookit.com, I am a shopper when it comes to vacations at one time or another have used about all of them.....one thing to check out is the cancelation costs.....so you book and you are on the line of the whole trip...I used Bookit this time because you can get out of it if you don't go, again there is sometime limits, but within(I think) it only cost you one night fee. Good luck........

Brillion, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: funjet vacations

I use Funjet when ever possible and have never been disappointed. Top notch. 16 years going to Mexico have used Funjet 9 times Apple 5 times and on our own 2 times.

Whiskers

Olathe, Kansas
Level Contributor
1,768 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: funjet vacations

Have used Funjet numerous times. Never had any problems. We always buy cancellation insurance from them, never had to use it, but if we do it is worth every penny. You will receive all your documentation you need via email. Last year we did the Fun=for-less Azul category and were very pleased with the prices and everything else. We also have used Apple and not had any problems. Have a wonderful vacation.