We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ruigirl - answer to beach club food and drink costs

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Michigan
Level Contributor
943 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
ruigirl - answer to beach club food and drink costs

In regards to you post on another thread (that should be let to rest in peace.) The prices at the beach clubs...

Coconuts. $1.50 for a soda. $2.50 for a beer. $4.50 to $6.00 for mixed drinks. Food was anywhere from $3.00 to $13.00 depending what you ordered. To me this does not seem unreasonable considering the location and atomosphere. It is still cheeper than many places here in my home town.

Dzul ha - $3.00 for a really huge bottle of water. Ice in cups (it is made with purified water) to keep it cold - free. Beer I think was $2.50 and we ordered guacamole with chips for $6.00. Unfortunaly I did not take a picture of the menu but I did not think prices were unreasonable and we spent less than $20.00 for the afternoon there.

The pictures of the menu at Coconuts can be viewed at my online photo album. I just posted them today. Pictures 116 and 117.

www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html…

This website has beach club listings and some of them have menu's and prices available to view online.

wilmacozumel.com/cozumel_beach_clubs/cozumel…

Disclaimer: I listed the prices in US dollar amount in this post. Every place we went to had a menu and our bill when we paid up reflected the same prices. We were never ripped off but we do look at the bill to check.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,741 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ruigirl - answer to beach club food and drink costs

Good information in your post. And , you are right, the other thread should rest in peace. Too many on their soapboxes there!

Michigan
Level Contributor
943 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ruigirl - answer to beach club food and drink costs

Just sorry I couldn't give more info about more of the beach clubs. We really wanted to go check them out as well but we just weren't there long enough. 8 nights flew by in the wink of an eye. :(

Level Contributor
260 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: ruigirl - answer to beach club food and drink costs

WOW, thanks so much for the info. We are hoping to go for 21 nights so I'm sure we will the chance to check out several of the beach clubs. We will be travelling with our kids so am thinking about Chen Rio, Playa Mia, Paradise Beach Club.

If you don't mind my asking, turquoiseblue, where did you stay and what did you think of your hotel?

We are not sure where we are going to stay but am sort of thinking one week at Coral Princess (full kitchen) and then 2 weeks in an apartment (kitchen)in Corpus Christi. We really want to go for as long as we can and the only way to do this is by keeping our hotel costs low and cooking some meals.

Michigan
Level Contributor
943 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ruigirl - answer to beach club food and drink costs

If you do go to them perhaps maybe you can take pictures of the menus like I did to post so others will know. That imagestation website is free to uplead your pictures onto. I think that is really neat.

We stayed at a one room bed and breakfast. The people who run it are fantastic. Saying good bye to them was like leaving family. :(

http://www.vrbo.com/49255

I have been doing research on these places as well and we may consider one of them for our next trip.

http://www.cozumel.net/bb/index.htm

http://www.gis.net/~alicia/

also this is the trip advisor section with B&B's for Cozumel. I always seem to have a hard time getting to it. For awhile did not know it existed.

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g150809-c2-Cozumel_Yu…

You will find lots of cheap places to eat out as well. Most nights my husband and I ate for less than $15.00 (food, drink, tip) We did buy some things at the grocery also. You will see. It is fun. Most places have english menus also. Our favorite was the hotdog vendor. $1 hotdogs X 3 and 1 bottle of water to share.... dinner for $4 bucks.

Level Contributor
260 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: ruigirl - answer to beach club food and drink costs

WOW, that place on vrbo looks awesome. Its funny, I went all through vrbo in the last couple of weeks and did not see it.

Were you able to use the kitchen? Also, would the room you stayed in sleep 2 adults and 2 kids?

I assume the pool is shallow and quite small?

Where in Corpus Christi is this place located?

How was breakfast?

How long did it take you to walk to the waterfront?

Sorry, so many questions.

Its just that this place looks great.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,788 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ruigirl - answer to beach club food and drink costs

Riugirl, consider www.haciendasanmiguel.com

They have kitchens and at least one "room" has two bedrooms. No pool however.

Michigan
Level Contributor
943 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ruigirl - answer to beach club food and drink costs

No, its only 1 queen size bed in the bedroom. The living room section of the house can sleep the additional people. Probably would not be very good if your kids are young. But that is up to you to decide.

yes can use the kitchen

Located towards the back of the neighborhood.

pool is shallow and small

Breakfast's were better than any other breakfasts I have ever had in my life. Took home a couple good recipe's with me. Yummy

10 min to the water front but it is in town.

I think perhaps you don't understand the layout of the town and shoreline. You cant just walk to the waterfront and go swimming or lay out on a beach chair. I really suggest getting the map from can do maps. I think it will help you alot with your questions there is so much information on that map and its only 8 dollars. http://www.cancunmap.com/

But those other sites I gave post some decent places for bed and breakfast. Quite often eating a large breakfast in the morning we were not too hungry for lunch. Truthfully we only ate lunch about 2 times. Usually it was just a snack to get us by untill dinner.

Level Contributor
260 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: ruigirl - answer to beach club food and drink costs

Thanks for the info. Your right, for a couple, it looks like a marvelous place, but with the two kids it wouldn't work since we would have to split up and sleep in seperate buildings.

its too bad there are no beaches in town.

I did see a pic of a family across the street from the the McDonalds who were in the water. It looks like there is the McDonalds, then the malecon and then a wall and then the water. Did you ever see anyone swimming in the downtown area? Is it possible?

I'm just thinking, if we are downtown with the kids and they get hot, would it be possible to go to the front of the McDonalds (or anywhere else downtown) and let them go in the water for a few minutes?

We ran into this in P. Vallarta as well. There is a malecon, wall and then the water. But you can get over the wall there, down to the water and swim. There is a very small strip of sand to sit on and then the water. I am just wondering if San Miguel is like this also?

Michigan
Level Contributor
943 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ruigirl - answer to beach club food and drink costs

Yes, you could go swim in the water there. There are steps going down to the water every so often along the wall. And I did see kids jumping in off the Aqua Safari (?)peir right downtown.

To me it didn't seem like the nicest place to swim but it would do in a pinch.

When are you going again? I am sure its in another post somewhere. Just dont have time to look. :)

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,788 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ruigirl - answer to beach club food and drink costs

Riugirl, if you have not ordered the Cozumel map from www.cancunmap.com then you are making this process harder than it should be.