We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water temp in Dec?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Okinawa, Japan
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Water temp in Dec?

While in Cozumel, I will be taking the kids to swim with the dolphins at Chankanaab National Park. What is the water temp like in December? Would the kids be more comfortable with some light thermal water wear?

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water temp in Dec?

You just opened a big can of worms. Please don't swim with the prisoners.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
637 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water temp in Dec?

Momo, I'm sure that someone will comment on the water temp in December. I just came back from Cozumel on Saturday and the water was so warm it was like being in a warm bathtub.

Monument, Colorado
Level Contributor
810 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Water temp in Dec?

Momo- The water temps will be fine in December. No worries. Your kids will be enjoying their Dolphin experience SO MUCH that they won't have time to care what the water temperature is. Make sure and get LOTS of pictures or video of the big grins on their faces and capture the excitement to remember the experience forever!

.......And post a trip report.

It's your life....enjoy it!

Retemrap

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
5,080 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Water temp in Dec?

unless the world has warmed drastically it will be 81 degrees, same as last year. A bit warmer in the shallows

Edited: 11:15 am, November 26, 2011
Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Water temp in Dec?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolphin_drive_hunting

Yeah, you have a great time.

Monument, Colorado
Level Contributor
810 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Water temp in Dec?

Dont worry Momo. You dont have to hunt them, just enjoy swimming with them. Froglegs is ramping up on another mission to "teach" or "educate" you that your morals arent in line with hers. Happens all the time when Swim with Dophins topics come up. BLAH, BLAH, BLAH....

Go swim with the Dolphins if you want to. It's your choice.

I hope you have a GREAT adventure!

Retemrap

Also see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypocrite

Edited: 7:42 pm, November 26, 2011
Presho, South Dakota
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Water temp in Dec?

I think rash guards are a great investment for kids & adults any time of year. They add a little warmth & offer sun protection.

I wear mine in cold motel swimming pools in the US too.

Have fun!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
6,616 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Water temp in Dec?

The water temp was 82 yesterday.

9. Re: Water temp in Dec?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:41 pm, June 22, 2013