We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Cozumel? Good or Bad Idea?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Malvern, PA
1 post
Save Topic
Honeymoon in Cozumel? Good or Bad Idea?

I have been racking my brain for a month now searching for the ideal honeymoon location. I am trying to find the best honeymoon location for the best buck (Don't tell the fiance that!). I am not interested in the commercialized Cacun scene, so Cozumel seemed like the ideal second choice. My fiance is not big in to water sports, but wants a beach to relax on. I on the other hand am very interested in the diving that Cozumel has to offer. Does Cozumel sound like the right place for our honeymoon? If so, where is a great place to stay on the island? If not, any ideas for an alternative? Thanks!

Carbondale, Il
Level Contributor
184 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in Cozumel? Good or Bad Idea?

Cozumel has few good beaches. One hotel with a farly good beach is El presente inter continential. The diving is very good. the dive masters are very good. i have dove with Aqua Safari located in Plaza las Glorious. A really cool trip is to take a jeep to the back side of the island. there are several unique bars. For your wife the shopping is good- a lot to do in town. It is safe. I have heard good things about the Iberostar or something like that. many good places off of the beaten path. If you are looking for a great beach life a beautiful place go somewhere else. but for what it is I really like it.

Minn
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in Cozumel? Good or Bad Idea?

I have been to Cozumel Several times mainly for the diving, My wife likes to bake in the sun i like to dive. We stay at the Allegro all inclusive resort, the Food it realy good. The Dive shop is right on the grounds, with their own peir, which is great, no waiding to the boats. great beach , BIG! great sunset, or a nice walk. Good luck

Garry Robinson

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
600 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon in Cozumel? Good or Bad Idea?

Yes! Great honeymoon spot. Why? Well, it is a relativley quiet place without all of the distractions that Cancun has. Cancun is more of a Spring break, party place. You can find some really nice beaches here on the island, especially on the east side where there is no development. You have a broad range of things to do here such as diving, snorkeling, ruin tours, parasailing, horseback riding, jeep tours, sailing etc. etc. There is also a range of hotels in all price ranges. If you want something right on the beach, you are looking at all inclusive resorts. If you want a romantic local place with character, you can find a b&b or small boutique hotel downtown. We offer honeymoon packages as well and have a beautiful rooftop villa that is nice for newlyweds. If you have any jore questions, just email be at the address below.

saludos

tom@hotelflamingo.com