We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Cozumeleno pictures as of February 25?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
KMT
wisconsin
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Topic
El Cozumeleno pictures as of February 25?

Has anyone taken pictures of the El Cozumeleno as of the end of February? Just wondering if the beach area has been restored and if the second pool is open yet?

Level Contributor
398 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: El Cozumeleno pictures as of February 25?

I haven't seen any pictures but did read a review somewhere that both pools are now open and that everything else is up and running so I assumed that means the mini golf is done and the outdoor restaurant is now serving. Also, mentioned that sand is being brought in daily. Should be more reviews later on this week as more people on this forum return. We leave on Mar 12th so if you can wait until than, I promise a full review and pictures.

KMT
wisconsin
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: El Cozumeleno pictures as of February 25?

Thanks MNMOM for your comments

I too will be at the El Cozumeleno in March. My family of five will be arriving on March 10th. We were suppose to stay at the Allegro but I recently switched Hotels to the El Cozumeleno because I was told that the Allegro may not be open until the middle of March-though now I see that the Allegro is open- Oh well, I really don't care where we stay, just wanted a nice beach and sun!

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,710 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: El Cozumeleno pictures as of February 25?

KMT, if you read the reviews the beach at Allegro is reportedly very good.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: El Cozumeleno pictures as of February 25?

We just returned Saturday from a week at the El Coz and had a fantastic time – I highly recommend it. Both pools are open now and all of the restaurants are fully open too. The only other thing not open that I saw was the tennis court which looked about 95% done. The beach still needs a lot of work although they made a lot of progress during our week there. They do everything by hand and with wheelbarrows so it does take time. The beach at the Melia was in fantastic shape and it is just a short walk.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: El Cozumeleno pictures as of February 25?

We just got back yesterday. I will try and post some pictures after we have looked at them. We were using 3 different cameras. All the pools are open and the place is fantastic. The service was fabulous and my kids cried when it was time to leave. Anyone who says that Cozumel is devestated is cracked!

Sun Seeker

KMT
wisconsin
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: El Cozumeleno pictures as of February 25?

thanks SUNSEEKER for your update at the El Cozumeleno. It would be great to see your pictures!!! I can't wait to get there!!