We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Online reservations for Occidental Allegro?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Kansas City
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Online reservations for Occidental Allegro?

I am freaking out. I've read many times on this website about how people have arrived at the resort and then were turned away because they had made online reservations. Has anyone here booked this hotel online and then NOT had problems? If you did book online and were turned away once you arrived, did you call/email the hotel to confirm? I am planning to visit here in April and am very nervous now. If any of you have had online reservations, please post!

Thank you in advance!

Miss Kitty

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Online reservations for Occidental Allegro?

Email Karina and verify your reservation:

Karina Encalada

Reservation Assistant OGC

reservasogc@mx.occidentalhotels.com

Phone: 987 872 9741

Fax: 987 872 9745

California
Level Contributor
397 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Online reservations for Occidental Allegro?

Hi Miss Kitty......I booked on the Expedia website this past December and the July before that. I never had one problem!!! Just save your confirmation. They have been great each time!

No worries. Don't get so FREAKED that you are too wound up to enjoy your vacation! Have a great time!

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Online reservations for Occidental Allegro?

Miss Kitty,

We booked online 3 years ago and had no problems whatsoever. This year we booked with a travel company simply because they had the best deal. Take the advice of Travel Swiss and call to confirm. Everything should be fine. Have a great time!

Diva Mom

Minnesota
Level Contributor
118 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Online reservations for Occidental Allegro?

I booked this month with Travel-Center for the Allegro and at Expedia for a different hotel in Cozumel. I did not encounter any problems. No one questioned anything. I honestly think it has to do with the busy season and I'd say in April, you will be just fine. I did call Expedia a few days before I left and they put me on hold and called the hotel directly to ask if there would be any problems with my reservation. After a few minutes she came back on the line, told me the name of the person she talked to at my hotel and said they had my reservation on file and I should have no problems.

Kansas City
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Online reservations for Occidental Allegro?

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who posted here. I feel a lot better, but will still confirm to be sure!

Thanks again!

Miss Kitty

Detroit, MI
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Online reservations for Occidental Allegro?

I too am going to Cozumel and was worried about what people were saying about their reservations when they arrived. I emailed the Grand and this is their response:

Dear <Me>,

It is a pleasure to hear from you today, but most of all to know your coming down to this beautiful aisland of Cozumel.

Regarding your mail were you kindly ask for a confirmation, please let me confirm your reservation then I will explain to you a little bit about the stories you heard.

Grand Cozumel by Occidental

ME

DELUXE ROOM FOR US

ARRIVAL DATE: FEBRUARY 12, 2005

DEPARTURE DATE: FEBRUARY 19, 2005

CONFIRMATION NUMBER: #####

Now let me explain what had happened on the past December of 2004.

The reservation depto when notifies that specific dates are being reserved ( dates with a high demand) we send an stop sell notification to all our parthners ( travel agents & agencies) we give them 24 hours to report us their sales, after that they began to send us their final list of reservations, well some travel agencies they took no advise of our stop sell notification and they keept on sales.This is the reason we got over booked, December is a very high season and we did our best to solve the problem.

Believe me this is the first time and the last time that happened to our hotel, we are working in this matter with our parthners.

If you need futher information please feel free to email me back and I will be glad to help you.

Thank you for the preference and we look forward to see you soon.

Regards,

Karina Encalada

Reservation Assistant OGC

reservasogc@mx.occidentalhotels.com

Phone: 987 872 9741

Fax: 987 872 9745