We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Cancun to Cozumel

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Corpus Christi...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
Travel from Cancun to Cozumel

We want to fly into Cancun but stay in Cozumel. What is the best & cheapest way to book this?

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
2,937 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Cancun to Cozumel

Theres a 'top questions about cozumel' topic that will tell you exactly how to do it. Look up and to your right.

Cleveland, OH
Level Contributor
43 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Cancun to Cozumel

I just did this thru Orbitz. Select vacation packages. In the box for where you're going, type in "Cozumel". Do not use the airport code! The next page will let you select airport. Select Cancun. Next page lets you select Cozumel hotel. As a bonus, use TRAVEL100 in the promo code box.

We have a group of 8 traveling. I was able to book a transfer to the ferry for less than we'd pay for bus fare!

Cleveland, OH
Level Contributor
43 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Cancun to Cozumel

More more tip: If your dates are flexible, do a flexible fare search on Kayak before you go to Orbitz. Kayak will also let you search nearby airports at the same time. That way, you'll know the best days to book your package. Orbitz vacation packages don' t give you a flexible date option.We saved hundreds per ticket by traveling a bit for our departure airport.

Ruston, LA
Level Contributor
668 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Cancun to Cozumel

If you are opting to fly into Cancun make sure that you book your return flight either late in the morning or the afternoon.

Remember that you need to check in two hours early for an international flight. You need to catch the passenger ferry, 45 minutes if everything is perfect.

Then go two blocks to the ADO bus terminal and catch the Cancun bus to the airport or catch a cab.

If you have a 9 a.m. departure you will need to travel over to Playa Del Carmen the night before to ensure enough time.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
451 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel from Cancun to Cozumel

Just came back that way. We were flying Delta and the Cancun airport was a zoo. I would recomend getting to the airport 3 hours early. The ferry and bus is easy.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel from Cancun to Cozumel

Once you get your flight to Cancun, you can fly from Cancun to Cozumel through Mayair (mayair.com) for about $100-$140 roundtrip. You'll have to book this separate through mayair's website. It will save you time obviously and by the time you pay for the bus and ferry from Cancun airport to Cozumel, it's really not much more expensive. They have several flights between Cozumel and Cancun each day.

Edited: 10:37 am, August 21, 2011
Liverpool, New York
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel from Cancun to Cozumel

I second the Mayair option. If the times suit your arrival and departure schedule, then it's a straightforward way to get to Cozumel. I've done the bag drag and, although it's not difficult, "drag" is the operative word as far as I am concerned.

Grand Rapids
Level Contributor
2,299 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel from Cancun to Cozumel

I am curious to know how much you are saving to fly into Cancun over Cozumel, then have to give up half a day or more on vacation to fly out with more pressure to get to the very busy Cancun airport without any glitches?

If you have an early flight, you might want to get a hotel in PDC, so you are already over on the mainland.

Art

P.S. This has always been a thought in my mind. Whats too much to decide to fly into Cancun over Cozumel and do the bad and drag, and how much is your time worth on vacation?

Just a thought. mmmmm....

Cleveland, OH
Level Contributor
43 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel from Cancun to Cozumel

Flying into Cancun wasn't my first choice. But, with a savings of $200 pp, we're going to give it a try. There's 8 in our group, so the savings is significant. Booked a transfer to the ferry, $107 rt for the group.

We booked afternoon flights, leaving in Cancun at 3pm. Is three hrs enough time forgetting thru security, etc?

10. Re: Travel from Cancun to Cozumel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, October 11, 2012