We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catholic mass near El Cozumeleno - March 5th

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia
Level Contributor
103 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Catholic mass near El Cozumeleno - March 5th

Hello,

We are staying at the El Coz March 4th through the 11th and are interested in attending Catholic mass near there on Sunday, March 5th. Will we have to go into town? I'm sure the hotel will be able to let us know what times and locations the masses are in town, but sometimes we can find mass on vacations in or near resorts.

Also, we are 3 adults and 3 kids. Will we have to take 2 taxis into town, or are there larger taxis (like minivans) available?

Thanks!

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
441 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Catholic mass near El Cozumeleno - March 5th

You will have to go into town for Mass, I do not believe they have services at any of the resorts.

Northeast Indiana
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Catholic mass near El Cozumeleno - March 5th

Scubabride,

Are there any small towns with churches on the island or is San Miguel the only town?

Concord, North...
Level Contributor
911 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Catholic mass near El Cozumeleno - March 5th

Yes there are mini-van taxis, just tell the bellman and he will get one for you.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
441 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Catholic mass near El Cozumeleno - March 5th

There is the small area called cedral, which consits of quite a few houses a few tourist shops and some ruins. There is a pretty little church there, but I am not sure if there are regular services there. Do any of our Cozumelenos know? I need to find out myself and update it in the Cozumel The Complete Guide on the next printing. Cedral is located off the road to the Southern hotels. There will be a sign saying cedral, go down that road and it will lead right into it.