We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Possible to get a walk up next week?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
7 posts
Save Topic
Possible to get a walk up next week?

We are spending 3 days in Playa next week but have 4 days we haven't decided where to stay. We were going to go to Isla Mujeres but we are having trouble getting a room so we were wondering is it possible to get a walk up at a budget hotel? If so, what would you recomend? I have never been to cozumel. thanks.

Cozumel Island
Level Contributor
633 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Possible to get a walk up next week?

You are not going to have any probelm finding a room, if you come over, to the island. However, even though some of the hotels are really struggling, don't expect to get discounted rates, just because the hotel may be nearly empty, as that type of mentality doesn't exist down here.

cozumel
Level Contributor
4,014 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Possible to get a walk up next week?

Langzey............try Hotel Pepita on 15th avenue behind the square..........clean, family run, AC, cable TV, fridge, free morning coffee, two double beds............rate is $30 which includes the tax.........a little extra if you have more than two people in the one room. Nice people and a nice big courtyard for hanging out and meeting folks. Tell 'em Betsy sent you........they're my buds. You'll like it there..............good luck...............Betsy

7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Possible to get a walk up next week?

Thanks for the feedback. It is greatly appreciated!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,384 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Possible to get a walk up next week?

I second Betsy's post on the Pepita--I have stayed there many times and put many friends there--a good place and great value!