We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Cancun Airport to Cozumel

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Saskatoon
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Getting from Cancun Airport to Cozumel

Having travelled many times from the airport to PDC and then the ferry to Cozumel, I knew my elderly parents would have trouble so I booked transportation through Best Day (also uses the name of CancunFirst). They were supposed to pickup the folks at the airport, get them down to the ferry by wheelchair or bicycle, meet them at the ferry, get them to the street and put them in a cab to their hotel. They did pick them up, but then dumped them at the taxi stand in PDC, a considerable distance for two elderly people with luggage. Nobody met them on the other side. Coming back was the same but worse, they crammed 10 people into their "private transportation". I personally spoke to the representative at Best Day and was assured the old folks would be looked after. You will get exactly the same service from any of the taxis at the airport at 1/2 the cost so don't use Best Day.

Grand Rapids
Level Contributor
2,299 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Cancun Airport to Cozumel

Personally, you shouldve put them on a flight to Cozumel if you knew they might have to have things handled exactly right without a chance of a mess up. Sounds like the stars had to be aligne perfectly to make this work without a hitch.

I hate to see business trashed without their side of the story being told...

Enjoy

Ashby, Minnesota
Level Contributor
161 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Cancun Airport to Cozumel

Flying to cozumel might have been the way to go. Could have been cheaper too.

maryland
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Cancun Airport to Cozumel

Hi everyone ... That was my question going to stay in cun for 5 nights then coz for five.. the flight from cancun to coz is 171$ ow for two do you think this is the best way to go or is the cost a lot cheaper to get transportation to the ferry and the ferry over?? thanks

Saginaw, Texas
Level Contributor
2,703 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from Cancun Airport to Cozumel

Best Day is the worst choice.

They pulled that same Private Transfer bait and switch when we used them even though I had a voucher stating PRIVATE TRANSFER.

We use USA Transfers now exclusively with great results.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,759 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting from Cancun Airport to Cozumel

sonnyj, read this

tinyurl.com/7m3r6

One way bus/ferry from CUN to Cozumel will be approximately $23 USD per person (close to 265 pesos each).

Edited: 10:03 am, March 03, 2011
maryland
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting from Cancun Airport to Cozumel

Thank you co_pilot..you are very helpful... I think that makes a lot more sense to take the bus and the ferry.. I was thinking that the plane would save a ton of time but its a 25 min flight and you figure you have to wait to board/exit it would come out pretty close and I would save over a hundred dollars.

7. Re: Getting from Cancun Airport to Cozumel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 am, October 24, 2012