We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opinion on Baldwins B&B vs resort

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas City...
Level Contributor
261 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Opinion on Baldwins B&B vs resort

I read all the reviews on Baldwins and I just wanted to get a little more feedback. Is it really that great? I've never read a review of anything on here where so few people had something bad to say! My husband and I are pretty laid back people. Any advice on if a B&B would be a good choice for us vs one of the resorts?

Sapulpa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
37 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Opinion on Baldwins B&B vs resort

My wife & I were at Baldwins Dec '04. First timers to Cozumel. When we go on vacation, we are looking to recharge our batteries, not drain them. We found Dale & Kathy's b&b to be exactly what we were looking for. Obviously, there is no one place that is right for everybody. I wrote a review this morning which has not been posted yet on trip advisor. We stayed in the Casita, a one bedroom self-contained house which sits at the front of the property. If you are looking for lots of action or to be entertained, this is not the place for you. Dale & Kathy are very accommodating. They are almost always available somewhere on the property but never in the way. We walked all over San Miguel only taking a taxi when it was just too far to walk. They were very helpful in every possible way. You will be living right in the middle of the local community, which we found endlessly interesting. Never did we feel unsafe or uncomfortable in any way. We have done the resorts & the all-inclusives and enjoyed them. But the laid back feeling at Baldwin's really appealed to us. Feel free to e-mail us at cakesetmoi@cox.net. A really helpful website that Kathy showed us is cozumelinsider.com

Dennis & Ginny

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
600 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Opinion on Baldwins B&B vs resort

I am not familiar with Baldwins, but I have seen the good reviews listed. I guess it just depends on whether you want to stay in a resort atmosphere on the ocean or in a b&b in town. They are both very different. If you must be on the water(and I understand this) then it will probably be a resort since there are not any small hotels or b&bs on the ocean front. If this is not important and you want to experience more of the local flavor, then try a b&b or small hotel.

tom@hotelflamingo.com