We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Interesting Occidental Grand/Allegro update

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,773 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Interesting Occidental Grand/Allegro update

This discusses the status of upgrades and still shows a 31 Jan 06 opening date for both the Grand and Allegro. Since we are inside of two weeks from the opening date and this was updated within the last day or two, most reasonable people would assume that the dates are good.

http://tinyurl.com/9857e

South Dakota
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Interesting Occidental Grand/Allegro update

I called the Occidental office in Miami and was told that the Allegro is open. However - because the Allegro didn't have many reservations, and the Grand had additional room, they decided to upgrade those people to the Grand so additional work could continue on the Allegro.

Hopefully someone else will have additional information.... :-)

Lexington, MA
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Interesting Occidental Grand/Allegro update

Maureen and I are among others who got calls last week saying we should report to the Grand. Having stayed at the Allegro (aka Diamond) since the first year it was opened in 1993 and almost every year since, I will say frankly we like its laid back ambiance and the beach. So we're taking this in stride, and as others have said, are treating it as an upgrade. Who knows? We may even decide to transfer our timeshare from Allegro to the Grand...

We figure we'll walk down the beach to Allegro and see what is going on on Sunday, when we are told the weather won't be so good anyway for diving, and we should just work on our tans...