We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best drink/beer prices

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NY
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Best drink/beer prices

Who's got info on the best beer/drink prices on the beach or 2 for 1 happy hours? We leave in a few days, can't wait, and some of the posted prices from Antonio's pictures are a bit high, like $3 for a Corona. Any hints, please let me know.

Thanks.

Columbia MO
Level Contributor
186 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best drink/beer prices

Can you get Corona in NY for $3? We were just in NYC and even at the little Irish pubs beer was $14 for a baby pitcher.

NY
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best drink/beer prices

who can afford to drink in NYC? Not us.

Columbia MO
Level Contributor
186 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best drink/beer prices

My stepdaughter is there so we have to make a trip or year. Believe me, it's like pulling teeth to get my husband to go when he says he can go to Coz for week for what we spend for 2 nights and 3 days in NYC. Hard to argue with that but you have to visit your children I tell him!

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
283 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best drink/beer prices

We make a trip to the liquor store and buy beer to keep in our villa. We drink Sol not Corona while in Mexico...taste is MUCH BETTER. On the beach...I thought we paid about $6 for a bucket...I think there were 4-5 in a bucket. Of course, you need to remember to drink water too, and the fruity frozen drinks are soooo good.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,197 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best drink/beer prices

I agree with Sol being better than Corona--most any beer is better than Corona. You will see many places advertise low Corona prices since they think thats what the tourists (not the locals) want. Several places in the center offer one dollar beer.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best drink/beer prices

I totally agree with you Robert..What Mexican beers do you like? Bohemia,Carta Blanca,Modelo,Dos XX,Sol,are all better than Corona..Also,is there a place in Coz where I can buy European beer? Bar or Market?

Buchanan Dam, Tx
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best drink/beer prices

Try Leon Beer - best price is at the Chedraui grocery store. You have to pay deposit on the bottles but still comes out to about 75cents per bottle. The trick is finding it in the store. They have several Beer coolers in different locations so you have to check till you find it but worth the search. It is a very tasty dark beer. You can also buy the quart size bottles of Sol and Superior Beer which are light (as in color) at the store which is a good bargain for a good beer. I guess that really doesn't answer your question of prices at beach bars.

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best drink/beer prices

If Mis Charros is still there, they will sometimes offer two beers and a shot for 3 bucks. Fun little place on the waterfront. Great guacamole too!

Divamom

Cozumel Mexico
Level Contributor
142 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Best drink/beer prices

In the plaza, you will find a little restaurant that sells a bucket of 6 Coronas for $5. It is in the center plaza so you can sit, drink and people watch!

I too prefer Sol....but....

Have a great time! That´s the most important part!

Kelly in Cozumel

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
1,078 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Best drink/beer prices

Mis Charros is still there... The place in the square is Bianca & Jorgina's (sp?)... They offer the six-for-five, and also the unadvertised dollar beer!

-Tom