We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

walking

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
England
Level Contributor
6 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
walking

hello - hoping for some advice please. We are going to Cozumel in Oct 2006 on a family holiday. One party member is in walking and does about 15 miles at a mile here in England (sorry dont know what that is in kms - just know its a long way!) Are there any organised/guided hikes on the island or is it safe to wander about alone? What is the best way to go about finding out? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
441 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: walking

Cozumel is perfectly safe for walking. It is also Fairly flat. I think there may be a hiking tour, but I do not believe it covers that many miles.

Rockport, Texas
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: walking

When my husband and I were there in November we would usually walk from downtown area to the cruise ship piers by La Ceiba ... and back.. It would take us about 1 hour each way at a good pace.. Not sure exactly how many miles it is round trip ...I think it's about 4 miles each way and YES it's safe!! They have a nice wide sidewalk all the way.. and you can look at the beautiful water the whole time!