We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Linkslady - El Cantil condos

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Texas
Level Contributor
236 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Linkslady - El Cantil condos

Linkslady, how was your trip to Cozumel when you stayed at the El Cantil condos? We are arriving March 10 with 3 teens and I am curious if their beach and pool has been repaired.

Rockport, Texas
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Linkslady - El Cantil condos

Texas gal.. yes it was! However the water in the pool was too cold for me!! The beach area was repaired too but the palapas hadn't been built, the poles were there but I'm sure they've been built by now. They were rebuilding the dock while we were there. Everything was fine and we booked another week and are arriving March 18th! It was amazing to seel El Cantil 90% and the Palace next door was 0%... they had just started cleaning up.. it was a mess and I could only imagine what El Cantil had looked like!

Chedraui had everything we needed. You have to try the cowboy breakfeast at the Rockn Java down the street-- awesome! LOL

I can email you pics if you want..

Jackie

Texas
Level Contributor
236 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Linkslady - El Cantil condos

That would be great! My email address is mamakaril@charter.net. I am hoping that the construction noise next door won't be too bad when we are there. You arrive the day after we leave, too bad! Thanks so much, Karil

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Linkslady - El Cantil condos

Jackie - Would you mind sending the pictures to me as well? I'll be staying there in February & just a little curious. Thanks - adrier@wincraft.com

Rockport, Texas
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Linkslady - El Cantil condos

Okay Toe Nail ... I sent you some pics.. The view is from the unit we stayed at (7th floor) and adjacent is the Palace. Also the dock being re-built. Also El Cantil from the water side and a pic of the inside of our unit..

Rockport, Texas
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Linkslady - El Cantil condos

Ditto Karil! PS Where in TX are you from? We're from S. Texas just up the coast from Corpus.

cozumel
Level Contributor
171 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Linkslady - El Cantil condos

fyi the pool is now being heated. not going to be like a hot tub but it is going to help.

Texas
Level Contributor
236 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Linkslady - El Cantil condos

Yay!! Only a little more than a month to go!

Flower Mound
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Linkslady - El Cantil condos

I am booked for 7 nights at El Cantil in late April - have any of you stayed in 6C? That is the unit that we have booked and I am just wondering if anyone has any tips on anything we might need - this is our first break away from the all-inclusive concept. Thanks!

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,771 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Linkslady - El Cantil condos

Mpowers, just research restuarants in town. You will have a variety and may never go back to AI again. As mentioned, Rock n Java is my favorite place for breakfast when I stay south of town.

If you are in the mood for ice cream, walk across the street to Chedraui. Go through the store to the opposite corner and walk into the mall area. On the second floor to the left of Burger King is a gelato store (opposite side of the mall from the movie complex). Yummy and inexpensive. Hopefully those stores have not changed.

Rockport, Texas
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Linkslady - El Cantil condos

Anything you might need is across the street at the Chedraui store.. except pickle-relish.. LOL We wanted to make tuna fish sandwiches one day but they don't sell pickles or pickle relish there (at least that we could find!) El Cantil is beautiful. We've only stayed in 7A but I am sure all the units are nice. The location is great too.. walk to town is only about 15 minutes. We'll be back in March!