We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

one day in port - what to do & weather

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Fernandina Beach...
Level Contributor
258 posts
10 reviews
one day in port - what to do & weather

i will be with family of 8 adults in mid Dec with a day in Cozumel. It's kind of short notice so I have not had a chance to do much research. I still have to catch up with the geography & layout of the area. Anything you can tell me to get me started? What would you do getting off a cruise ship for 1 day? A few of us are active, but a few of us have some mobility issues so they won't stray far as far as walking. Are we better off taking cruise excursions to get to a beach or is there one nearby with another option? Also, someone in my family is concerned it's going to be cold in Dec. Can someone tell me what it is usually like in Dec?

Thanks in advance...and sorry for so many questions. So much to research and so little time! THANKs!

Mukwonago, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
91 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: one day in port - what to do & weather

Look to the column to the right there is a link for one day in cozumel.

We have gone several times in mid December it is a quieter time between the Holidays. The weather is always warm sometimes it gets windy when the Norte' blows, we are from Wisconsin and we were always comfortable. If you are a southerner you may be chilled at night. When we went with a large group we rented a van and driver for the day and went around the island, we learned a lot about the history of Cozumel and stopped at beaches and fun bars, it is up to you where to stop. There was not much walking involved at all we had middle aged to around 70 yr olds. Private message me if you want his contact info. He spoke very good English and we didn't really have a plan he did a great job for our group. Picked us up and 2 different hotels and dropped us off.

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: one day in port - what to do & weather

the things to do link is there for your question answering pleasure.

texas
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: one day in port - what to do & weather

You will pay a whole lot more money if you do excursions thru the cruise ship line.

Fernandina Beach...
Level Contributor
258 posts
10 reviews
4. Re: one day in port - what to do & weather

Badgertr, I'm going to send you a PM, that sounds lovely. Thanks for your reply!

Katzgar, I answered your post on my other thread and while I thank you for your response, if the other links were all inclusive and answered all questions, what would be the need for an open forum?

froglegs, I agree that we will pay more money on excursions through the cruise ship. However for the size of our group and to make sure we don't get left on the dock one night, I would rather go with their guaranteed excursions at this point. I am still early in my research but right now those I feel most comfortable with.

5. Re: one day in port - what to do & weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 02, 2011