We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Cozumel & Resort

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dearborn, MI
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Cozumel & Resort

We are planning to go back to Hotel Coz in early March. What is the latest update? We really enjoyed our stay last year.

Texas
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Cozumel & Resort

Back to normal, without the gazebo, and the beach area is a little smaller during construction.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,410 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Cozumel & Resort

That was a good person to get an answer from, he was just there.

Texas
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Cozumel & Resort

By the way, the gray/white remote sitting on top of the TV does not control the TV. When you get mad because you think your air conditioner doesn't work, grab that remote and start pushing all the buttons until your air comes on.

Then, after you've spent 4 days of your 5 day trip with a chair parked directly in front of the TV so you can switch channels between NCAA bowl games (being broadcast in Spanish only), look in the drawer under the lamp between the beds and you'll find the remote for the TV.

Also, when you find ESPN on Channel 37 in Spanish, go up to 39 and you'll find it in English....maybe.

I miss it all already!!!

And I got a kick out of watching the NFL games in Spanish, and how the Spanish network technologically placed themselves at the stadiums for game updates, when in reality they were standing in front of a screen with the game in the background.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,190 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Cozumel & Resort

Just got back from there last Thursday. They had spread the sand across the beach club and the chairs were out. Not many people hanging out there yet though as some serious construction is still going on. The roof on the main pier and the re-construction of the gazebo area are in full repair mode. Still though, it's progress.

The hotel itself is in fine shape. Pool area is beautiful as usual.

Mark

Rockwood, Michigan
Level Contributor
694 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Cozumel & Resort

So did you guys take pictures of the resort/the rooms and stuff. I like visual stuff it helps me get through the withdrawl till I get there... Not going to April. Did either of you do the all inclusive?

Any tips before we go. I think we are going to stay here still haven't decided. Last year we stayed at Casa Del Mar. We got an all inclusive deal which was great for the day and then we always went into town for dinner, minigolf, etc.

I can't wait to get there!!! only 102 more days to go... gosh that sounds like forever!!!

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,190 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Cozumel & Resort

Hey Grevis,

I'm working on a trip report that I'll post on ScubaDiving.com and then place a link to it here. I've got some pics of the beach club, pool area and rooms that I'll include. We did a New Years 9 day trip so the pics will be fairly up to date for you.

Mark

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,410 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Cozumel & Resort

This is a link to the photos I took last Feb,

http://tinyurl.com/8qyzy

And this is a link to my review of the place. Please note I did the AI thing, but got it at half price due to an early booking bonus, making it impossable not to be a good value. It worked out to be $12.50 per person per day, and was easy to consider a good value.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g150809-d153…

Dearborn, MI
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Cozumel & Resort

Thanks all for your help. Cicopo, I was at Hotel Coz last year the same time you were. I chose that Hotel after reading your postings and was not dissapointed. My husband and I watched you swimming laps in the pool and were going to say hi but you just kept going and going!!! Are you planning a return trip?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,410 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Cozumel & Resort

I would have been happy to stop & say hello. It is the only time of year that I get the time to do my laps, and is a regular part of taking a vacation. As far as planning my return, I most certainly am, however it is unlikely it will be this winter, but highly likely again in Feb 2007. We had to use our vacation money for this year (and my wifes days off) to go to Hawaii to attend my daughter's wedding last Oct. It was a great trip, but one we would never have chosen on our own. Add to that other wedding costs and you get the picture. This will be the first time in many years that we have spent the entire winter at home. Another reason is the difficulty of getting there from Canada. The best bet I have found so far was via Syracuse NY, which was where we flew from to go to Hawaii, but even through Syracuse it would have taken 1 full day of transfers & waiting to get to or from Cozumel, plus was overpriced when converted to Canadian money.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,410 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Cozumel & Resort

Grevis1, was your husband on the forum last year as MichiganDiver or something like that? My wife probably would have paid a bounty to anyone who can get me to stop early. She knows that it is good exercise, but gets bored waiting for me to finish.