We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Craygator - Hotel Cozumel Info Please

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Topic
Craygator - Hotel Cozumel Info Please

I'll be there next week for the first time. What can I expect? Any info you can give me would be appreciated.

Kent Island...
Level Contributor
474 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Craygator - Hotel Cozumel Info Please

I understand the beach club has reopened. It is where the dive boats pickup/discharge their clients. It has a little service bar and serves a buffet lunch waterside. It also host a couple of specialty dinners during the week. I suggest eating breakfast and lunch at the hotel but go to town for dinner despite the AI. You will not be sorry. Dinners are certainly hit and miss, mainly miss ! Main pool area is fun with light hearted entertainment, a small grill lunch area, service bar and loungers. Close to town so a cab is not needed unless you are feeling lazy ! Rooms are okay, AC works well, small bathrooms, not a whole lot of storage. Stow dive/ snorkle gear in beachclub lockers if they have been replaced. Have fun.

Texas
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Craygator - Hotel Cozumel Info Please

Thanks for the info. Been waiting to hear from someone who has been there recently.

4 days and counting down....

Winnipeg, Canada
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Craygator - Hotel Cozumel Info Please

dartref- I will be at hotel cozumel 3 weeks after you. Can you post a message after you come back from your vacation letting me know what you think of the resort? Any tips that you can give me would be appricated. Have a great time!

Texas
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Craygator - Hotel Cozumel Info Please

Sure thing. I will post notes when I get back on everything I see while I'm there.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
15 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Craygator - Hotel Cozumel Info Please

We came back from staying at the Hotel Cozumel Mon. Dec 19, this was our second stay, and we like the hotel because you can walk through a short tunnel to get to the Beach Club where you can eat and drink and sit on the beach. Also the place we dive with picks us up at the pier. This year was diffrent, we still got picked up at the pier but we had to walk around the constuction workers,I think the pier should be done by now, but I really can't see the Beach Club be finished yet. If the Beach Club would had been finished the Hotel would had been great, but then again we went there knowing it was not finished. If you like to eat and drink alot get the All Inclusive option, next time I think we will go European plan, I like to drink, but it isen't worth it for what I eat, and you always have to tell the bartenders to make your drink extra stronge just to get a normal U.S. type drink. I hope the Beach Club is finished when your go, I think you will like the Hotel.

Texas
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Craygator - Hotel Cozumel Info Please

Thanks for the info!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,411 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Craygator - Hotel Cozumel Info Please

Dartref, thanks to damage from Wilma the photos of the beach club won't be very accurate but you can use this link to see the photos I took last Feb of the hotel and grounds. I did not photograph the room as it was exactly as seen on their web site. copy & paste

http://tinyurl.com/8qyzy

Texas
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Craygator - Hotel Cozumel Info Please

Very nice pics! I'm sure what's left and restored won't be nearly the same for quite some time, but at least I have an idea of what it will be like again, hopefully soon.

Thank you!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,411 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Craygator - Hotel Cozumel Info Please

You are very welcome. Please take the time after your vacation to let the world know how it went by writing a trip report. Cozumel is a place that is far more than just the resorts or hotels, it is the always smiling people that make you feel welcome by sharing what they have, in good times and from what I can tell in the worst of times.