We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for Dive Package

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Brossard, Canada
Level Contributor
231 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for Dive Package

Hi! I'm planning for a dive trip in Sept in Cozumel. I want a food-hotel and diving package all include for 7 days. Any suggestion?

Thanks a lot

olive branch, ms
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for Dive Package

You just described an AI with an in-house dive operation.

Cozumel Palace offers that, but I don't personally like the dive op that is headquartered there now.

Just about all of the AI resorts on the island offer what you are looking for.

Aqua Safari offers 7 nights of hotel and 5 days of 2-tank boat dives for $507pp, but it doesn't include food. I'm taking that option and will spend my time eating in the various restaurants around town.

Mentioned in this post
Cozumel Palace
Cozumel Palace
3,932 Reviews
Cozumel, Mexico
Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
29,478 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for Dive Package

1) forget about a package with dives. You can use an in-house dive op or one of many others.

2) If you want to save money, consider an airfare/hotel package. Combined with using the 200ENTERTAIN promotion code at Orbitz.com, that may save you a lot.

3) You need to describe what you want in a hotel and dive op

4) All inclusive (AI) options include the Iberostar, Occidental Grand, Allegro, Wyndham/Aura/Sabor, Cozumel Palace, Hotel Cozumel, El Cozumeleno, Melia and maybe Park Royal.

Look at this map of hotels and see if closeness to town matters. Those south of town are closer to the reefs which may or may not be a factor to you

cancunmap.com/assist/cozumel_hotel_locator.h…

Mentioned in this post
Cozumel Palace
Cozumel Palace
3,932 Reviews
Cozumel, Mexico
St. Louis
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for Dive Package

After checking out references and looking around, we signed up with Scuba Mau for next week. Google their name - Trip Advisor has a forum for them with wonderful responses.

Their prices were very good too.

Mentioned in this post
Scuba Mau
Scuba Mau
363 Reviews
Cozumel, Mexico
Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
29,478 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for Dive Package

Your hotel location and the dive op starting location may determine if you get picked up at your hotel or have to take a taxi to their boat.

adriancoz
Level Contributor
306 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for Dive Package

Check out Blue Angel hotel or Scuba club or Fiesta Americana wow more names are coming to head!!!

6. Re: Looking for Dive Package

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, December 19, 2010