We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Cozumeleno Hotel info?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
148 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
El Cozumeleno Hotel info?

Any info, please, on El Cozumeleno hotel, current or recent. Considering a 2/10/06 vacation. Parents were there when it was new and said it was very nice. Has it been kept up? Will it be up to snuff by Feb? Thanks!

Ft. Worth
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El Cozumeleno Hotel info?

World, I left a reply on your post on the Cancun board.

Best place for pics would be:

www.antonioscozumel.com

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,133 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: El Cozumeleno Hotel info?

This site shows 1 Feb 2006. That is cutting it close IMO:

travelnotes.cc/cozumel/links/hurricane.php

Kent, Wa.
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: El Cozumeleno Hotel info?

We are booked Feb 18th thru the 24th @El Coz

Copilot is correct. Feb 1st is their re-opening date. According to Antonio, who I

regard as a very reliable source and who also

worked out of El Coz for many years is confident they will have things up and

running very well by that time.

My family has been treated so well there the past 4 years that yet again they have my business.

www.antonioscozumel.com

Ray

Kent, Wa.
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: El Cozumeleno Hotel info?

I don't know why my posts are so broken up.

Maybe someone has a fix for this

thanx

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,911 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: El Cozumeleno Hotel info?

I'm pretty sure they will be quite ready by the 3rd week of January, they are already taking reservations for Feb. They have been very hard at work for over a month and with just under 2 months to go, I feel very confident about their reopening date, and am advising those who have emailed me to go ahead and make reservations. Unlike many hotels here, El Coz is not waiting for the insurance companies to cough up the dough to make their renovations, and have been at it since the last hurricane guest left a week after Wilma in late October.

LA
Level Contributor
275 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: El Cozumeleno Hotel info?

Antonio said: ..."pretty sure" they will be ready by the 3rd week of January..."very hard at work" for over a month..."very confident" about their reopening date..."advising" to make reservations...

Antonio, do you provide refunds if el Coz does not open ?

Ft. Worth
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: El Cozumeleno Hotel info?

Lembo, I just read some of your previous posts, and you have never said anything nice about anyone or anything.

What is your problem?

Some of your previous pessimistic predictions have already been proven wrong, so you have very little credibility left.

Sorry this post was so "Lembo like".

LA
Level Contributor
275 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: El Cozumeleno Hotel info?

Hey Cozbobby, I love the island. I don't have a problem and I'm not pessimistic. Are you providing the guarantee for el Coz ? Should we all book now ? I'd be back there in a minute if a booking could be guaranteed at a major resort.

Ft. Worth
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: El Cozumeleno Hotel info?

Lembo, just be patient then.

The hotel has posted it's opening date and it is two months away.

Yet you are questioning the integrity of people without having any facts to base it on.

And I may be naive, but I saw how the island recovered after Emily, and I am putting my trust in the integrity of the people of Cozumel.

Oregon
Level Contributor
75 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: El Cozumeleno Hotel info?

Lembo ....

Antonio is only provided well informed advice. Being Advice, it needs to be evaluated by anyone who is considering it. Advise, no matter how well informed is still someone's Opinion. It isn't a guarantee. Don't take it as such.

Duh....what a dufus