We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diving trip

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Brossard, Canada
Level Contributor
231 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Diving trip

I'm planing a diving trip soon, and would like to know if you have any hotel to suggest? Small kitchen would be great and close to beach and dive operator!

ds2
Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Diving trip

There are only two "small kitchen" hotels that I can think of that are near dive ops. There may be something south of town near Papa Hog's dive op but I don't know for sure.

The more upscale place is Condumel, which is on the water at the north end of town. Nice snorkeling & swimming there and it's close to the ops who leave from Puerto Abrigo and downtown. One of the owners of Condumel also owns Aqua Safari dive shop.

The second is Suites Bahia on Calle 3 Sur downtown, within a block or block and a half of the piers used by ops Aqua Safari, Blue XTSea, Aldora and Deep Blue. The standard rooms at this hotel are very dark and gloomy -- it would be wise to upgrade to a balcony room if you reserve here.

texas
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Diving trip

Some of the rooms at Hotel Colonial (downtown) used to have kitchens...not sure about now but we liked staying there a few times.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,704 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Diving trip

haciendasanmiguel.com

Not by a beach. Short walk to Aldora and Aqua Safari piers

Madison,WI
Level Contributor
529 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Diving trip

I'm also looking into a return dive trip in April. Residencias Reef Condo rentals have good reviews here and seem very reasonable for a 1 bedroom. It says dive pickup at the pier. Located 9 miles south of town. $700 per week, in April.

5. Re: Diving trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, August 27, 2010