We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Continental's driving me crazy!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
NY
Level Contributor
82 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Continental's driving me crazy!

I've yet to receive an email or call from them but our flts have changed 4 times since Saturday. We were on non-stops from Newark to Cancun. On Sat their site said no non-stops until 12/15, so we rebooked for a connection to fly into Coz. That flt went from am to afternoon. Now today I see it's not even on the schedule at all for the day we are going, but there is no change noted on our itinerary when I pull it up online. I found another hotel in Coz and have a condo booked on the mainland. Condo is alredy reserved for the day after we leave and my husband has to leave for business the day after we return so rescheduling to depart a day or two later and return later isn't an option. And, CO told me they are calling passengers according to travel dates and today would not make any changes for me. Told me that I'd get the automated call with instructions when my travel date is up in the que. Great! VERY nice service! So glad I've used them all these years. I understand they are inendated right now, but really, in the time it took them to tell me that they could have made the changes. Looks like we'll now end up connecting going into Cancun and doing the ferry. I just hope we get space when they get around to our date. Then again, it's still 4 wks out so who knows how many more schedule changes they'll have before then.

Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Continental's driving me crazy!

Continental changed my tickets into CZM several times. But it seems to have finally firmed up and has not changed for a while. Hoping it does not change again as I have a lot of connecting flights now firm into and out of Houston.

Travel Nov 12th.

Pnkfishy, I would count on a few more changes but don't worry about it too much until it gets a little closer. I think the changes will be more in the near future and then taper off in the next few weeks.

I just put 2 and 2 together and realized that maybe CO_pilot is not a copilot but rather a Continental Pilot. Maybe he has some insight.

-- Mike

Rockport, Texas
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Continental's driving me crazy!

I read on a couple of posts that Continental is only flying on Saturday, Monday and Wednesdays... I don't know if this is true or not and if so for how long... My flight was changed from a.m. to p.m. and I'm suppose to fly down on Sunday (after Thanksgiving) but am leaving my options open to fly down Saturday or Monday after! UGGHH!! I just want to get there!

NY
Level Contributor
82 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Continental's driving me crazy!

Our original dates were Friday (12/9) and returning Sunday (12/18) Of course, CO doesn't post anywhere on their site now exactly what their sched is to CZM or CUN. You pretty much have to do a flight search and figure it out.

As best as I can gather today, there is a flt into Cancun on 12/9. There's actually 3. I'd bet it ends up being just one, the afternoon, which isn't great to get over to Coz if you don't land until 4pm in Cancun. At least we're flying to Houston the evening before to avoid any crazy early departures from home.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,951 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Continental's driving me crazy!

"CO" stands for Colorado!

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Continental's driving me crazy!

US air canceled our flights on Nov 15th however they booked us on Continental out of Seattle on the 16th with no extra charge. The flight is full so I expect no more changes. Wish me luck.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,205 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Continental's driving me crazy!

Dealing with many of these same issues. It's amazing to look up possible flights on the internet, then call them and inquire about them, only to be told completely different information. The website search, for at least this afternoon, did not match what they told me live....at all. Ayeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....totally frustrating!!!!

Rockport, Texas
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Continental's driving me crazy!

Continental just called and told me they only have one flight out of Cozumel now.. the 12:15 departure is canceled and it's now a 4:45 p.m. departure.. Gets me back to Corpus Christi at 10:21 pm YUCK!

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,951 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Continental's driving me crazy!

LL, that means lounge on the beach until noon (get a late checkout), shower and go to the airport.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,205 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Continental's driving me crazy!

Couldn't take all the BS with Continental. Calling them the last 4 times over the past week netted me 4 different sets of information. Tried to rebook a flight over New Years with them yesterday, after they had told me 3 were available (Cancun at least), only to be told that nothing was now available. Just got the feeling I was being jacked around so I cancelled, got all my money back, and rebooked a flight through Mexicana and Air West. Better flights actually.

Don't know anything for sure but it sure felt like Continental was constantly playing games with me. But the good news is that we are finally %100 booked for Coz over New Years, Hotel Cozumel....Hooorrraaaaayyyy!!!!!

Mark

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Continental's driving me crazy!

Just returned from Tulum and it was 7 days in Paridise. Ended up flighing Frontier from Seattle and US Airways home.

Happy Thanksgiving