We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather forecast

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Fenton, Missouri
Level Contributor
10 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Weather forecast

I'm wondering about the weather...as a lot of people do. When you look at the internet, it always says the temps are in the 70's for Cozumel this time of year. Is this accurate? We were in Cancun in February last year and the temps were in the 80's. Just hoping for warm weather. Thanks

Cozumel Island
Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather forecast

Low to upper 70's is the norm for this time of year. Yesterday when I left the villa at 8am it was 62f.. Right now it is 67f.. Last winter we went from December to almost the end of March without the temps getting over 80f.

Fenton, Missouri
Level Contributor
10 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather forecast

Thank you very much for responding so quickly. I have another question, if you don't mind. Even though it is going to be in the 70's when we are there next Saturday, can you get in the water without being uncomfortably cold?

Thanks again.

Gatineau, Quebec
Level Contributor
716 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather forecast

Hi cdld91,

The water is always better then the outside temperature. It takes a lot more cold days to get the ocean to drop a few degrees. The water temperature is about 72-78 degrees in the winter. Has in the summer is can reach high 80. We have been in Cozumel in the month of September and the water was over 85 degrees it felt like my hot tub in the summer days.

Have fun in the sun

Lyne

Gatineau, Canada 13 days before we go to Cozumel

Cozumel Island
Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather forecast

The water is warm...79f+. We are experiencing a North winter storm. The temps should be back in the mid-upper 70's by time you get here, unless another storm blows up. Make sure that you take a sweatshirt or other themal protection for the Surface Interval as it can be really chilly once you regress to the boat. It is my advice to remove your wetsuit between dives, as the suit being wet will continue to sap warmth out of your body while you are on the surface. I do not think I have ever seen the water temps lower than 77f..

Edited: 10:59 am, February 14, 2010
red lake
Level Contributor
379 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather forecast

Just looked at the extended forecast - lots of rain and chance of thunderstorms on Sunday. Is this accurate ? Do you recommend a raincoat ? We're going to the PGA in Mayacoba on Sunday - was picturing a nice sunny day but not looking so great. Oh well - beats snow !!

6. Re: Weather forecast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, August 14, 2010