We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Funjet/Adventure Tours

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Oklahoma
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Topic
Funjet/Adventure Tours

have cancelled all flights to Coz, plan to resume Dec. 26th. Are refunding trip monies, but plan to wait 4 to 6 weeks to recieve them.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,775 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Funjet/Adventure Tours

Bali, could you check on flights to Cancun. Some folks may not want to make the Cancun-bus-ferry trip to Coz but it may be the only option for a while. Here is info on that process:

http://tinyurl.com/7m3r6

PS, Cancun-bus-ferry is my main way of getting to Coz from Denver.

Hugo,MN
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Funjet/Adventure Tours

Just a bit of info, I have also booked with Funjet. I am one of many that did not purchase the insurance option. But on a good note, Funjet is allowing everyone to change locations free of charge. Here is the catch, you must book to a location that is serviced by the airline that is in original package. This limits where and when you can go. I know I have spent 3 days searching, with very limited options on Funjets website when it comes to finding American Airlines flights to other destinations. But dont worry, as I said above, Funjet is allowing changes for no charge. WRONG on Wednesday I could book a trip to Los Cabos but by Thursday the same plane and hotel was $200 more in price. Funny Insurance for me would have costed $228. I guess they really wont be losing anything on this. So take note. It makes them sound good but they are not loosing a dime on this. If anything they are making up for all of us that didnt purchase insurance. I will have doubts about booking with them in the future. This was my first time and most likely my last.

Buchanan Dam, Tx
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Funjet/Adventure Tours

I am curious if You have a travel agent helping you and if your American flight was cancelled. Funjet Website has a Wilma update for those needing to know their options. If you are on a cancelled flight you can request a refund. In which case you are actually ahead because if you had the insurance what you spent for it would not have been refunded. You can then start from the beginning and book another trip. Prices will depend on the day that you price the trip, the class of service, hotel chosen and the day you plan to travel. Change any of these varibles and the price changes. It is a case of supply and demand so with fewer choices due to Wilma the prices may reflect that. Trip Insurance helps if the flight is not cancelled and due to hotel choices price increases etc you would rather just get a refund. If you actually read the Disclaimer of the trip insurance there is a clause regarding acts of God so technically the insurance co could deny the claim. But then of course what is the point of buying the insurance in the first place? I feel for everyone (including myself )that have had to make adjustments in their vacation plans it is very dissapointing and unfortunately in some cases can also be costly as well.

All the Tour Companies including Funjet are faced with enourmous challenges at this time and I believe are doing their best. I hope things work out for you and for everyone else that has been effected by Wilma.

nj
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Funjet/Adventure Tours

hi candylady, hope u can help we can't seem to get a direct answer trip to riviera mayan air us air 11/6 with travelers insurance changed to jamaica land portion transferred over to riu resort no prob air portion could not find air on any us air flight in a tri state area for the same time will we get a cash refund for unused tickets? we are now flying air jamaica on 11/5 ta says she can not committ to an answer travelers insurance thru travel impressions will not committ either just says will put in a claim what do u think??