We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any news from the southern hotel zone (e.g., Allegro)?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lexington, MA
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Any news from the southern hotel zone (e.g., Allegro)?

I've been anxiously following the various threads the last few days since Wilma hit. This is the best source of information I've found, so I've joined the forum.

We've been going to Allegro Cozumel since the time it was Diamond and was brand new (1994?) on an annual basis. We moved our trip up from late March to early February when we found out we're due to become grandparents in early April, and now like many of you we wonder about possibilities for coming in February.

We've been in regular touch with our Divemaster (Alison) but she's offline at the moment.

Has anyone heard anything about the Allegro end of the island? They were due to re-open November 1 after spending 3 months recovering from Emily.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,627 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any news from the southern hotel zone (e.g., Allegro)?

Give it a day or two. Good info should start coming in during the next few days as they assess any damage and repair time. Considering your planned arrival date you have time on your side.

Is that Alison of Scuba with Alison? If so she is a wonderful person. Give her best regards from a friend of mine...Ron Lee (also a fine person).

Lexington, MA
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Any news from the southern hotel zone (e.g., Allegro)?

Yes, it is the very same Alison. We've been diving with her since the very first time we went to Diamond/Allegro.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any news from the southern hotel zone (e.g., Allegro)?

Accurate reports take at least a week..Then for further reports,you have to wait for posters to return..Sometimes The Hotels will inflate the truth as to the conditions of their properties..And you all have seen the crummy coverage by the media...

wisconsin
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Any news from the southern hotel zone (e.g., Allegro)?

We too are frequent visitors [15 times] of Cozumel and have been dismayed by the lack of attention to the island displayed by the media. its as though Cozuel doesnt exist; instead we have had a week of Florida getting ready for what turns out to be a Cat 1 or 2 hurricane. We have a trip planned for the 19 of Nov and am very woried whether we will be able to make it. Like everyone else, if someone from Cozumel can respond with any info about the island, i know we all would appreciate it