We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safe, beautiful, unspoiled beach in Cozumel near Hotel...

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
the midwest
Level Contributor
223 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Safe, beautiful, unspoiled beach in Cozumel near Hotel...

I'm staying at Hotel Cozumel and Resort late this fall. I'm taking my sister who has never seen the beauty of a white sand beach and the beautiful turquoise of the Caribbean. I see that this property does not have much of a beach. That's ok,we're on a very tight budget and they offer what I needed for this trip. However, I've been to the beaches of Playa del Carmen and Cancun, and I'd love to show her some of Mexico's beauty. Are there some safe, beautiful white sand, swimmable beaches to go to and walk along in Cozumel? Better yet, one within walking distance or short taxi ride from Hotel Cozumel and Resort in San Miguel. Is my only choice to take her to Playa del Carmen via ferry?

Kent Island...
Level Contributor
480 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safe, beautiful, unspoiled beach in Cozumel near Hotel...

There is a complex of beach clubs a short ride south of you which includes Paradise Beach Club and San Francisco Beach. Nice, sandy beach with pool, restaurants, bars.You can go for free but they expect you to buy something.Check out Cozumelinsider.com for reports.

the midwest
Level Contributor
223 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safe, beautiful, unspoiled beach in Cozumel near Hotel...

Thanks for the info. Sounds like what I'm looking for. I'll bring some pesos for snacks/drinks. Do they supply beach chairs? I'll check out that website too. Sounds helpful.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,504 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safe, beautiful, unspoiled beach in Cozumel near Hotel...

Also look into Mr Sanchos and Playa Mia. A google search will get the websites.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,074 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safe, beautiful, unspoiled beach in Cozumel near Hotel...

We went to the Paradise Beach Club last week, and stayed only a short time. The beach is sandy, but upon entering the water it is very rocky and has only a small section in the water that is sand. I would avoid this club if you are dependent on a taxi. I think most of the people at this club were from a cruise ship.

Have you thought about renting a car?

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
204 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Safe, beautiful, unspoiled beach in Cozumel near Hotel...

We visited most of the beach clubs on Cozumel, and Palancar is by far the most beautiful. White sand, the clearest water, cold beer and no crowds at all.

Bixby, OK
Level Contributor
457 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Safe, beautiful, unspoiled beach in Cozumel near Hotel...

Palancar is beautiful but no snorkeling if that is important... I guess you can snorkel if you want to see sand and clear water...

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
204 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Safe, beautiful, unspoiled beach in Cozumel near Hotel...

Dirt, you're not kidding. We brought snorkeling equipment to Palancar, and there is NOTHING. White sand, clear water and the same 3 fish that followed us around.

Beautiful beach however!

Be safe all you Cozumelenos. We'll be praying for you and your island!

the midwest
Level Contributor
223 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Safe, beautiful, unspoiled beach in Cozumel near Hotel...

This is great, I really appreciate all the suggestions. Palancar does sound beautiful. Too bad about no fish--thanks for that warning. I've heard of Mr Sanchos--I believe it is free as well. I will search on Google. But I've not heard yet about Playa Mia. Thank you everyone! Is it safe for 2 women to rent a car? I've heard a few horror stories about car rentals on Cozumel---mostly dysfunctional vehicles, so I wonder about breakdowns, etc. But perhaps it would be less expensive and more flexible than taking a cab.

Again thanks for the advise! I sure will be thinking of you all that live on Cozumel and in Cancun--I hope Wilma doesn't do any harm...

Bixby, OK
Level Contributor
457 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Safe, beautiful, unspoiled beach in Cozumel near Hotel...

There are name brand rental agencies on the island with plenty of late model cars.