We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Coz for anniversary trip no kids?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
172 posts
1 review
Save Topic
El Coz for anniversary trip no kids?

Is this hotel good for a fun couple who like to hang out, do a little partying (couple times late night on vacation), enjoy meeting people from other places. Our last vacation was in Punta cana and we liked it. My wife is a sun worshiper, and I am an activities person. I like going snorkeling and doing activities while she sun bathes. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

nate

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,367 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El Coz for anniversary trip no kids?

First off, we must determine if your statement of being a "fun couple" is accurate. We will need three references from previous hotels or people you met on vacation. While we wait on that, you should look up reviews for El Coz.

The website for El Coz is www.elcozumeleno.com

You are close to town so if you want to go to a place like Carlos n Charlies, the taxi fare is about $5.

There are other resorts south of town like Occidental Grand, Allegro and Iberostar. I can't say that they offer more activities but you can check their websites to find out what they offer. I am going to guess that they are similar plus you have better snorkeling in the El Coz area than well south of town. Taxi fare to town is in the $15-20 range.

You may decide to go to a beach club one day, plus there are many things to do in Coz and on the mainland that you should never be bored. El Coz gets good reviews and with a positive attitude you should have a good time.

Bixby, OK
Level Contributor
457 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: El Coz for anniversary trip no kids?

I will ditto the Co Pilot... from your description, I think you will love El Coz... there are lots of activities during the day and evening, including karaoke at the Disco. There will be plenty of sun for your wife and as Co Pilot said there is snorkeling a short cab ride away as well as just a ways from your beach.

KVR
Odessa, Texas
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: El Coz for anniversary trip no kids?

We're a mid-range age couple with no kids and will be at the El Coz in Nov. This will be our 3rd trip to Cozumel, but first time at the El Coz. We basically have the same interests as stated in your post.