We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Catalonia Riviera Maya

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sun City, Arizona
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Catalonia Riviera Maya

Any recommendations based on past experience on how best to get from Cancun airport to the Catalonia without overpaying?

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,633 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Catalonia Riviera Maya

I do not have my Riviera Maya map handy so I do not know where it is but I did google it and it is 17 km south of Playa Del Carmen. I would see if they run a shuttle to Puerto Aventuras. Vans to that area may cost $20-25 each way.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,633 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Catalonia Riviera Maya

Another option is to take the Riviera bus to the PDC bus station for about $7 then a taxi to the hotel. One review stated that the taxi cost was $12.

Des Moines, Ia
Level Contributor
226 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Catalonia Riviera Maya

We are also going to Catalonia at the reccommendation of our travel agent. The shuttle from the airport is $55 round trip per person. It sounds like perhaps you could get there cheaper, but maybe a little more drawn out. It's actually included in our price of purchase, so don't need to worry about anything else. He told us the hotel had a free shuttle to Playa del Carmen-just fyi. Maybe you could catch it depending on your arrival time. When are you going? We're going mid Nov. Have you been anywhere in Cancun area before? We're looking for suggestions of don't miss things to do. My husband hates the time share tours, but a friend got 2 different tours free for doing so. We may check that out.