We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

finding a nice place to stay in Cozumel

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
1 post
Save Topic
finding a nice place to stay in Cozumel

We are going to Cozumel around New Years and want some recommendations for a place to stay for a couple with 4 kids ranging in age from 2-11 and taking along grandparents and nanny as well. It would be nice to be walking distance to downtown but we would love beach as well. Nice swimming pool is a priority and we would love to have an in-house cook. We are staying for 1-2 weeks and a villa would be nice. I know a tall order but any recommendations???

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
29,217 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: finding a nice place to stay in Cozumel

I don't think that you can meet all your requirements so I suggest dropping the "Walk to town" requirement. Assume a rental car/van or use of taxis.

For a decent beach you need to be north of town or south past Reef Club . If you do not have the Cozumel map from www.cancunmap.com that should help

I am not an expert on villas but they do exist and there are places that "broker" them to occupants. I suggest using a search engine like www.google.com and enter the words

Cozumel villa rental

Or similar and you should get links to sites that offer them.

Here is one such link from the Travelnotes site.

dallas, texas
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: finding a nice place to stay in Cozumel

SunshineJ-you should check out El Cantil condos. They are right next door to the Cozumel Palace which is downtown. The beach is a small manmade beach, but there is great snorkeling, it has an infinity pool, it is walking distance to all of the restaurants in town, they have 4 bedroom units, they are NEW, and you can also get a cook to go with it. Go to cozumelmycozumel.com and read the lodging reviews and trip review by Kandy. Also, you can google villas and condos in Cozumel and that will also give you other options. Hope this helps!

Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travelers like you.
Join TripAdvisor