We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Allegro Cozumel Opening November 1??????

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Connecticut
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Allegro Cozumel Opening November 1??????

Anyone know the status of this resort. We are scheduled to go Nov. 5. All information that I can find says the resort will re-open on Nov 1. That is cutting it a bit close. I do not want to show up and not have a place to stay.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,133 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Allegro Cozumel Opening November 1??????

I would suggest learning about other hotels so that if you have a choice you can pick one to your liking. If you are not able to get into Allegro, the Occidental Grand would be a good alternate. It is newer and just a short distance from Allegro. I would politely insist on the Grand. Or use the "Don't throw me in that briar patch" routine.

Secondly I would not worry. I don't think that Nov is high season so availability at other resorts should not be a problem. Perhaps a hotel owner can verify that assertion.

Other possible alternatives are the Reef Club, Presidente, El Cozumeleno, Melia Maya. Read the reviews and websites for each to see what you think of them. The last two are north of town.

US
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Allegro Cozumel Opening November 1??????

If the Allegro isn't open in time for you to go there I would suggest trying to get into the Grand Cozumel. We stayed at the Grand in May an it was a wonderful trip!! Best of luck to you!