We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

decisions..alternate to Melia

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
WI
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
decisions..alternate to Melia

As mentioned in my previous post....My new wife and I have learned that the Melia....does not have the best beach/water and the nightlife is kind of dull there....

We can change our RCI (for $150) but the only places that are available for oct 8th - oct 15th are the Reef Club or the Coral Princess...

Considering that we would like nice water...good rooms and a more active nightlife (more people our own age)...would either of these options better suite us?

Also...we could fly into Cozumel and get and RCI in Cancun?

thoughts?

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,704 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: decisions..alternate to Melia

Go to Cancun

2. Re: decisions..alternate to Melia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:32 am, September 23, 2005
WI
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: decisions..alternate to Melia

the reef club is available.....so is this hotel better (overall) than the Melia? the reviews on here don't seem to support this?

dallas, texas
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: decisions..alternate to Melia

I looked a lot at the Royal Resorts in Cancun. You should check them out at royalresorts.com. They have 5 resorts in Cancun with the Royal Sands being the newest. They are all timeshare and look gorgeus. Just a suggestion.

Ft. Worth
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: decisions..alternate to Melia

The water is much better at reef club. Overall they are about the same. Not many oceanview rooms at reef club, but the timeshares are. This would tip the scales in favor of reef club.

Level Contributor
7,681 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: decisions..alternate to Melia

Coral Princess has the best shore snorkeling around. The beach is man-made and the nightlife is almost non-existent. But it has the best snorkeling I have ever seen.