We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Cozumel - what kind of beer?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
153 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Iberostar Cozumel - what kind of beer?

Hi all!

Have just booked a trip to the IB Cozumel for Feb13th and we are so excited. There are six of us heading there and the reviews and posts on this site have been very helpful yet i cannot seem to find anywhere what kind of beer that they serve. Also do they have rye/whiskey there? Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere already i just failed to find it.

Any information you have on this would be greatly appreciated!!! thanks again! Only 56 days to go woohoo!

Mentioned in this post
Cozumel
Cozumel
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,692 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Cozumel - what kind of beer?

The beer is Dos Equis and it is available here at both the beer store and in some LCBO locations. Try it before going if you want but I think you will find it good. Here it will be bottled but there it is on tap. Have a good visit there, I suspect you will like it.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,692 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Cozumel - what kind of beer?

As a rum drinker I can't tell you what brands of rye they have but I am sure they have some popular brands but I don't remember seeing Crown Royal. I think I remember seeing Canadian Club but not certain of that. Trust me when I say you will be more than happy with the bar service.

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
153 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Cozumel - what kind of beer?

Thank you for the input, as you say im quite sure that we will be more than happy with everything there. As i look out the window now and see a snowy blustery day outside I am even more looking forward to it!!! Alot of people complained about the lizards and critters but im looking forward to seeing them as i have to say thats one thing i missed alot in Puerta Plata last year...not one gecko even!!!

I guess a trip to brewers retail this week for some Dos Equis is in order!!

thanks again!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,692 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Cozumel - what kind of beer?

I have stayed there the first 2 weeks of Feb the last 2 years, and saw only 1 small lizard in the room once. I just call it bug control. I would go back there again quite hapilly. I will be in Cozumel this Fwb 10 thru 24 but staying in town so my wife won't be so bored while I go diving. And we have a very cold day here today as well, lots of wind, currently -17 C and going to - 23 C tonight so they say. I live in the country 25 kms south of Ottawa and the snow is drifting all over my driveway & walkway which I just blew off yesturday.

Mentioned in this post
Cozumel
Cozumel
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Ottawa
Ottawa
Ontario, Canada
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,692 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar Cozumel - what kind of beer?

They have revised the forecast for tonight, -30 C with a wind chill for dawn of -46 C expected, high tomorrow of -21 C. My wife is ready to leave right now, only problem is we didn't buy open ended tickets.

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
153 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar Cozumel - what kind of beer?

Tis the same weather here Cicopo!!!! I live near Collingwood Ontario so we are also being hit with a winter storm watch...bring on Cozumel!!!!!!

Mentioned in this post
Cozumel
Cozumel
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,692 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberostar Cozumel - what kind of beer?

Have you been before? Are you going there to dive? my next trip is number 7, and I am sure there will be more, maybe with weather warnings like these I will move there. Too bad that I can't just shift my home operated business there but I restore Corvettes & Camaros and in all the trips there I haven't seen even ! of them there.

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
153 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Iberostar Cozumel - what kind of beer?

No we have not been there before , this is a first trip for us and we have only ever snorkelled before. The couple we are going with are divers and are also looking forward to their first trip to cozumel. We are considering trying the dive adventure while there. Do you suggest we start a dive training course here prior to going or start there?

Minus 30 here today and the windchill was brutal. i work straight midnights and the air was definitely chilly at 7am this morning!!!!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,692 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Iberostar Cozumel - what kind of beer?

It was a great day to be an ice cube, not a human if you had to go outdoors at all. For the first time ever I went out to start my car and it never even tried to engage the starter, no grunt, nothing at all, dash warning lamps just turned off and that was it. Luckily I have batteries from my summer only cars and swapped one in & plugged the car in as well. May I recommend that you read the post "can someone explain how scuba trips work in Mexico" for opinions about taking the diving course. If you think you would like to do a few dives then you can likely be happy with the resort course from a cost to value basis. However if you really think diving is something you are interrested in then explore the certification route. May I also recommend you read my post which is on page 4 right now that is about taking your first snorkeling trip to Cozumel. Ignore any referance to the El Cozumeleno as I had the wrong address for it. You can also locate the post by double clicking on my screen name for a listing of my posts. By the way I can recommend the on site dive shop at the Iberostar, they have a really good staff of instructors & divemasters.

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Cozumel
Cozumel
Quintana Roo, Mexico
El Cozumeleno Beach Resort
El Cozumeleno Beach...
5,943 Reviews
Cozumel, Mexico