We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cozumel with teens...which is the best AI?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
dallas, texas
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cozumel with teens...which is the best AI?

Hi all, we are going to Cozumel the week of March 11-18th and taking our two kids ages 17 and 14 and two of their friends. Does anyone have an opinion on which AI for us to stay? The boys eat ALOT which is why we thought and AI would be fun, and they like lots of activites. If we don't stay in one, we will probably stay in a condo for the roominess. Which AI do you love the best? I don't want to spend a fortune, but I also like nice places. I am confused by all of the reviews, it is so hard to pick!

Tulum, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,516 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Cozumel with teens...which is the best AI?

Texasgal, why don't you ask to see both wings before you settle on a room? If you need to commit to a wing ahead of time, do so. But when you get there, tell them you would like to see to compare. I would imagine that...unless you are going during peak time...they will have rooms to show you. Then you can judge for yourself and not have to take anyone else's word for it. You don't have to all traipse up to the rooms. Just let the pickiest, or the adults go. The rest can stay in the lobby with the luggage to facilitate a quick check. If you ask really nicely, I can't imagine they would tell you no. Mexicans are really polite and they understand that you want to see what you are paying for. Polite tone of voice is the answer...and bat your eyelashes...if it is a male desk clerk...let your husband do that if it is a female. ;o)

dallas, texas
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
22. Re: Cozumel with teens...which is the best AI?

That would have been a great idea, but we opted for the condo route instead! We need to spread out....4 teens and 2 adults...need I say more? I posted on ABMOM's thread about the situation. I just can't risk the whole buffet issue and getting sick, not worth it! Thanks all for your help!! Gotta love this website!! Also, per CO PILOT54, cozumelmycozumel.com is really great as well.