We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where do we go?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
san francisco ca
6 posts
Save Topic
where do we go?

can anybody help us? We had booked in cozumel reef club for july 31st until august 14th. We can't seem to get any response at the toll free # and even when we call directely to the resort! We aready have our booked flight and just now found out that they will be closed until august 20th. I have sent various emails to different locations over there but they have not responded. Can anyone help us out or give us another refferal locations. Anything can be helpful at this point of desperation. thanx six996@hotmail

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,447 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: where do we go?

Villablanca is right across from good snorkeling, about 1+ mile from downtown, has Papa Hogs & Troy's right there as well as (I think) another Dive Paradise location, and NOT AI, a few restaurants close by. No idea of prices or quality. Del Mar & La Ceiba about 3/4 mile south of there with several more dive shops there. Hotel Cozumel about 3/4 mile north, Scuba Club across from Hotel Cozumel, Palace 2 blocks north & Barracuda a block further north towards town. Check recent reviews of any that sound appealing. Presidente & Fiesta Americanna further south, VERY good snorkeling there, but need wheels to get into town.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,188 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: where do we go?

I am not sure how to respond so I will list mucho hotels and applicability to your needs.

Northern hotel zone : many have relatively nice beaches. Perhaps not as wide as in the south but so much better than in town. Taxi rates are affordable to town for nightlife, dive boat pick up, shopping, etc.

From northernmost and then south we have:

Paradisus Cozumel

El Cozumeleno

Sol Cabana del caribe

Playa Azul

Club Cozumel caribe

Las Brisas

Palmas Reales condos

Principe Cozumel

Fontan

Coral Princess Club

Villa Princessa

Puesta del Sol Condo

Villa Playa Coral condo

Suites Turquesa

In town places typically have no beach but are closer to places to eat, nightlife, several dive boat pick up piers etc

North to south

Hacienda San Miguel (shhh my favorite)

Cozumel Inn

Plaza Cozumel

Meson San Miguel

Lopez

Flores

Palma Dorad

Villas Las Anclas Bahia

Casa Mexicana

Aqua Safari

This is incomplete . I know I missed some north of the square and south of it.

South of C&C

Costa Brava

Barracuda

Cozumel Palace

Scuba Club Cozumel

Lorena Dive Resort.. now Caribe Blu ????

Villa Blanca

Casa del Mar

Park Royal

El Cid La ceiba

Presidente

Club del Sol

Fiesta Americana

Reef Club

Then really far south

Occidental Grand

Allegro

Iberostar

If an on-site beach is high on your list I would look at the northern hotel zone hotels first.

san francisco ca
6 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: where do we go?

wow! thanx every one for your continued reponses. I went and printed out all the recommendations. It looks like I have got alot of home work to investigate. Thank you again for re aquainting us with the premises, I have not been there in 3 years and we kind of relied on staying at our regular place. Forgot that the other side of the island didn't seem to have as great beacehes as we had on the south side. Oh well we are always ready for a new adventure. Wish us luck and I will report back to you all when we make it back. gracias a todos!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,447 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: where do we go?

Just remove the Park Royal from your list, it is closed for very major renovations, which began in Feb, nothing to do with the hurricane. It may have changed ownership, but not sure about that or if the time share owners will be left out in the cold when it re-opens.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,188 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: where do we go?

LuvCozumel, please do not get the idea that the northern hotel beaches are bad. Here are two pics at Playa Azul and the second one shows what to me is a nice beach.

http://home.pcisys.net/~ronlee/Scuba/Cozumel/July2002/PlayaAzul1.jpg

http://home.pcisys.net/~ronlee/Scuba/Cozumel/July2002/PlayaAzul2.jpg

If you go to the El Cozumeleno website its beach looks fine too.

www.elcozumeleno.com/english/default.aspx

In town hotels have no beach. El Presidente has one and most have sand brought in to resemble a beach but if you have to climb out of the water or go in/out via steps...I do not consider it a beach.

Sicklerville, New...
Level Contributor
268 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: where do we go?

Regarding Park Royal Cozumel. It hasn't changed hands. The mailers that Park Royal weeks and points owners received said that the renovations will be completed by December 15th.