We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cozumel diving after Emily

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
228 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Cozumel diving after Emily

I understand Cozumel is open for tourists, but how is the diving post Emily? That's my main reason to visit Cozumel. Muchas Gracias!

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,192 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cozumel diving after Emily

I read from someone who has several hours diving since Emily that it is fine. Come on down (OK, I am not in Cozumel but it sounds good anyway)

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
228 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cozumel diving after Emily

LOL thanks CO pilot! Maybe I'll hear some more feedback I hope. When someone is going down for a short trip to dive, just want to make sure that can happen. :)

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
600 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cozumel diving after Emily

I just talked with our dive operator Sergio Sandoval and he had just taken a lot of pictures of the reef and written a report that he was presenting to the president of the diving association. He told me that they were not affected that badly. He was very upbeat about things.The shallow reefs were affected more, but the deeper reefs were not touched very much. He said certain types of coral such as the finger coral in the shallows had patches missing. I think you have to keep in mind that nature has a way of recovering rather quickly.

I know many people are upset by all the trees completely defoliated in the south and such, but it will recover. We are in the tropics and things grow quickly.

I am not sure when your plans are to come here diving, but I think in another week you will not see much of a difference. I am going diving in a few days and if you want to email me directly, I can give you a first hand opinion of the conditions.

tom@hotelflamingo.com