We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How does the island look???

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
5 posts
Save Topic
How does the island look???

We are going to Cozumel to get married in early August and I was wondering if the island is in good shape? We will probably stay at the El Cozumeleno, but we want to scuba dive, snorkel, drive arouns the island and go to Coconuts and Chankanaab Park. Will we have a good honeymoon/vacation????

Katy, TX
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: How does the island look???

The El Presidente is not in as good of shape as reported. Their phone lines are up and Funjet notified us that they will not allow any new arrivals until 7/25. Previously reported they would be back up by tomorrow. Got same report by calling their 800 number and they called the hotel personally and confirmed. A Funjet rep went to the site while my travel agent was on the phone and reported they are definately not ready. We have rebooked at the Casa Mexicana for the entire week. It is a nice hotel but not on the beach (downtown). We will have fun no matter what. We love Cozumel. Glad we changed locations. We have stayed at the Casa Mexicana before. I just miss the beach and it has a small very shallow pool. Very geared to adults but rooms are very nice.

Oklahoma City
Level Contributor
215 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: How does the island look???

Antonio, We are coming to El Coz Wednesday 7-27. Is there any chance we can get to the lighthouse - El Celerain?