We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pictures of Emily's aftermath.....

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,911 posts
Save Topic
Pictures of Emily's aftermath.....

I was finally able to upload my pics from last Monday morning, keep in mind the clean up effort is well underway and things look quite different, except maybe my backyard.

Copy & paste into browser:

www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html…

Ft. Worth
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Pictures of Emily's aftermath.....

Antonio, how is the fishing down there. Will be at el coz aug 12th and was wanting to book a fishing trip.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,911 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Pictures of Emily's aftermath.....

Please go to El Cozumelenos website and click on diving and snorkeling, there you'll find our email and website.

Oklahoma City
Level Contributor
215 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Pictures of Emily's aftermath.....

Coming to Cozumel on Wednesday - 7/27. Can we get to the El Celerain lighthouse and climb it?

Irvine, California
1 post
Save Reply
14. Re: Pictures of Emily's aftermath.....

Hey Antonio... I've been hearing alot of good things about you from all the posts and you definetly seem to be a wealth of information. We're coming (three couples) to El Cozumeleno on the 8th of August and was considering cancelling the trip after all the negative information we heard. But after reading your posts, we feel confident that things will be in working order. Also, I think it's a good time to come and support Cozumel and not run away...

I look forward to meeting you in person, and we're all looking forward to some Fishing, Snorkeling, and the Sunset Cruise! I'll come look for you as soon as we're there... See you in about two weeks!!!

Mentioned in this post
El Cozumeleno Beach Resort
El Cozumeleno Beach...
5,934 Reviews
Cozumel, Mexico
Little Rock, Ar.
3 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Pictures of Emily's aftermath.....

Hello Antonio. Thanks so much for the pics. My wife and I stayed there in April for our honeymoon. So as I understand it you run the dive shop at El Coz. Is that right? Would that mean that you were the guy with the microphone announcing all the pool games? We loved CZM and El Coz and can't wait to come back again. So glad to hear that everyone there is well.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,911 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Pictures of Emily's aftermath.....

Gargantila & Everyone:

Thank you all for your support, I'm glad the info I've been posting is making a difference. I do kind of understand the agencies cancelling to some extent, but cancelling all flights thru Sept. 30 seems very extreme & unnecessary, and some agencies are doing just that. On another board someone posted that their travel company cancelled to El Cozumeleno saying it was closed and there were no rooms, wanted to put them up in Playa del Carmen at a hotel in town, something much less than they had payed for, then these people gave the agency the number & name of their lawyer, and several hours later the agency called with rooms at El Cozumeleno, so there's lots of funny business going on, and we sincerely appreciate all of you who are making efforts to come to Cozumel, your persistance will be rewarded with warm hospitality and excellent service I am certain.

GRACIAS!!!!!!

Mentioned in this post
Playa del Carmen
Playa del Carmen
Riviera Maya, Mexico
El Cozumeleno Beach Resort
El Cozumeleno Beach...
5,934 Reviews
Cozumel, Mexico
Dallas
Level Contributor
200 posts
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: Pictures of Emily's aftermath.....

Antonio... It is so great to hear from you. We were cancelled and very upset... so the hubby took us down to the coast (TX) for a few days. (We saw Emily as she came to Texas... not so bad from our view... 300 miles away, just wind and strong surf.) As I peered across the Gulf of Mexico... I could almost see your little island (not really). But I am still dreaming of it and trying to reschedule something. Thanks for everything.

Mentioned in this post
Texas
Texas
United States
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Villahermosa...
1 post
Save Reply
18. Re: Pictures of Emily's aftermath.....

Hi Antonio. I'm booked to come 14 thru 19 September, and booked AFTER Emily. Sounds like you all fared well, thankfully.

I also need to book a deep sea fishing trip, so will come to see you guys ay El Coz. We're at Melia. I'll paste to get your pix.

P.S. Last time I was in Coz was 1981: we cancelled 1980 due to another Hurricane. The Sol Caribe back then said we should have come anyway, 'cause it was a Huricane party to beat the band. I dive too, but this trip I don't have a buddy. My 11 year old son wants to learn, so does PADI now have the junior open water diver school?

Thanx

Bill

Island Lake
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Pictures of Emily's aftermath.....

Thank You Antonio for sharing the pictures. It helps us to understand what happened for those of us who were not there.

Kilgore, TX
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
20. Re: Pictures of Emily's aftermath.....

Wow Antonio! Thanks for sharing the photos of Emily. Our thoughts are with everyone in Cozumel. We were there at the El Coz on 7/1-7/8. We hope to come back to the beautiful city soon. Take care!