We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather forecast calls for showers!! My 28-June 7th!!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Weather forecast calls for showers!! My 28-June 7th!!

Those of you who live in Cozumel, or ones that frequent Cozumel. Does this mean it will rain all day for the first couple of days of our trip?? It calls for 60% showers while I am there next week, I am so disappointed! Please shed some light for me!!

Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather forecast calls for showers!! My 28-June 7th!!

Sorry, I meand to put MAY!!

ds2
Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather forecast calls for showers!! My 28-June 7th!!

60% chance isn't much. That forecast means it may rain somewhere on or near the island for a little while at some point during the day. 100% may be all-day rain or just an hour or two -- either constant or off and on -- and again, it may not rain everywhere on the island. Forecasting tropical weather is ridiculous. Just take shoes that can get wet and you'll be fine.

L C
Bolton
Level Contributor
460 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather forecast calls for showers!! My 28-June 7th!!

hey at least it's gona be lovely and warm - if it rains, jump in the pool or the sea and laugh at it :)

California
Level Contributor
397 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather forecast calls for showers!! My 28-June 7th!!

Hey there! In my experience, everytime I go I watch the weather. It ALWAYS says rain. I stress cause I like warm weather and sun. If it does....it is short and sweet and welcome sometimes on a hot day. NOT A BIG DEAL!! No worries.

West Midlands
Level Contributor
175 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather forecast calls for showers!! My 28-June 7th!!

People I know who have been to Mexico say that when its rains it rains for an hour or so and the nafter about 30 minutes its all dry again. But I hope it rains at least once when I go. Warm rain? Sounds like an experience.

McKinney, Texas
Level Contributor
51 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather forecast calls for showers!! My 28-June 7th!!

Our previous stays were in the months of June and July. For our total of 15days there, we only had a real "rain day" once. Like most costal/tropic areas, the rain tends to be short lived even if the day is mostly cloudy. We did have several night time rains events including one where it rained so hard most of the paths were actually flooded when we attempted to make it back to our room after dinner. That was our first trip and the resort still had thatched roofs. We had to put both trash cans and the ice bucket under the drips from the ceiling. That was a fun trip. Now if it had done that for most of the trip, I don't think it would have left the same impression.

Unless it's really storming, I don't mind the rain. Afterall, I plan on being wet from the ocean/pool so being wet from a shower or two will not "dampen" my enthusiasm for this much needed vacation! I'm counting down the minutes.

7. Re: Weather forecast calls for showers!! My 28-June 7th!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 am, September 29, 2009